Re: Phone Apps and Issues

Rules and Regs for TMN
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Post by Kevin »

That's a lot like where we're headed Storm.  Our mobile site is the "out-of-the-box" version that comes with our Bulletin Board software - blanda and boring, but it is a mobile site.  The next version is going to be custom-built in house.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

That's why we hired you Marco. =)) =)) =))
Things are more like they are now than they ever were before. (Dwight D Eisenhower)
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

For those of you with touchscreens, I recommend Swype. Great keyboard App.
Things are more like they are now than they ever were before. (Dwight D Eisenhower)
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

I had trouble getting into swype.
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

DAE, did you ever get Swype to work? If not, I can get you instructions.

HTC pushed out an Android 2.2 update today. They should have tested it more. Slower, scrolling is klunky, but it supports Flash. I got into chat and can see things. When they get the upgrade right, I should be able to chat from the Storm phone.
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

I wish Motorola would get more aggressive with rolling out the Android updates.  They promised CLIQ users that they would receive 2.X back in March, but we're still stuck with the 1.5. 
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

I may hard reset mine back to 2.1 tonight.  They really messed this one up.  They say it should be fixed in a few days.
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

Finally getting the Storm phone back to somewhat normal.  Still eats the battery.

Found a Google site for phones that doesn't use as much power.

http://www.bGoog.com
used2bgeno
MVP
MVP
Status: Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.

Post by used2bgeno »

can we possibly get TMNMobile to be the dominate site on blackberry's instead of going to tmnmobile, clicking the link and it directs you to the full site? i liked the old white and blue?
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

Marco, got flash on the Storm phone. I can now get Into chat and look around but the site plus chat uses too many resources and I cannot do anything once I get there. Would it be possible to make a stand alone site for us mobileers to get into the Mountain Lair? Kinda like the old TMNmobile.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

All new mobile site is coming out later this week, including chat for mobile devices.

I think it will be Storm approved.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

You are da man.  :rock: :rock:
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

used2bgeno wrote: can we possibly get TMNMobile to be the dominate site on blackberry's instead of going to tmnmobile, clicking the link and it directs you to the full site? i liked the old white and blue?
This has been fixed.  Once you are on the TMN Mobile site it won't redirect you to the full site.  I'll be working on rolling out the new mobile design a little at a time, beginning with the main page this weekend.
used2bgeno
MVP
MVP
Status: Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.

Post by used2bgeno »

thanks Marco!!!
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

I also have an LG Tritan but I can't upload pics to the site. Does anyone know how?
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.