Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Rules and Regs for TMN
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Post by Kevin »

We had a small meltdown (and by "small meltdown" I mean catastrophic database crash) but we should be okay now.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Aphetto
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aphetto »

Big 12.  Big East.  Same stink, different pile of crap.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

If you only knew Aph.  It takes a LOT to get me worried about programming and/or a database errors but I was near a full panic.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Post by Tito »

This database crash had me "backed-up"...  (post wise I mean)  :paranoid:
___________________________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image
___________________________________________________________________________________

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

The current layout is temporary.  I know people using monitors that are 1024x768 or less have the far right side of the screen cut off.  Don't panic.  It'll get fixed shortly.

Ultimately 1024x768 will be the smallest resolution that will display the site "correctly" - that is, a whole page without scrolling left to right.
Phantom Phoenix
2nd String
2nd String

Post by Phantom Phoenix »

Kevin wrote: The current layout is temporary.  I know people using monitors that are 1024x768 or less have the far right side of the screen cut off.  Don't panic.  It'll get fixed shortly.

Ultimately 1024x768 will be the smallest resolution that will display the site "correctly" - that is, a whole page without scrolling left to right.
:overreact:
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Hey mobile users - you ready for a much needed update??  It's coming tomorrow.  Get ready for...full blown handheld goodness, part deux.  :paranoid:
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Changed the Spoiler Alert from a hover to a clickable button.  Will make it less likely to accidently roll over a spoiler.
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

I really like the Chinese symbols on the mobile version. :D
Things are more like they are now than they ever were before. (Dwight D Eisenhower)
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Yep Storm, the mobile site is going to do weird things for the next 30 minutes or so.
gratefuleer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by gratefuleer »

^ Kinky fullblown handheld goodness!  =)) =)) =))
"Name me someone that's not a parasite and I'll go out and say a prayer for him" -Bob Dylan

"I drink to remember, I smoke to forget. Some things to be proud of, some stuff to regret."
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

gratefuleer wrote: ^ Kinky fullblown handheld goodness!  =)) =)) =))
=)) =)) =))

As I posted in the handheld thread, the new mobile site is up.  I'm pretty pleased with it so far but I look forward to hearing what our mobile users think of it. 
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Post by Tito »

Site still lagging at times after an action then kicked off. Is this going to change Kevin?

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Tito wrote:
Site still lagging at times after an action then kicked off. Is this going to change Kevin?
It is.  It has to.  I'm working with the host to see what's going on and what needs to happen to fix it.  I have a couple options lined up but it needs resolved as quickly as possible.
Monroeer
Varsity
Varsity

Post by Monroeer »

Just came on the see if I had been the only one with having display problems.

By the way, as always, really appreciate all that you and the rest have to do to keep up the site. (On your own time, no less) :)