Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Rules and Regs for TMN
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Post by Tito »

edited my post before you reponded...
___________________________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image
___________________________________________________________________________________

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Post by Kevin »

No problem.

The "edited by" line shows up 90 seconds after the first post.  I will be extending it as well as make some other changes to editing/deleting posts.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
ShartOnPitt
1st String
1st String

Post by ShartOnPitt »

Kevin wrote: Testing a yellow/gold color scheme.  It isn't completely installed but input is appreciated.

We have modified the topic list for each board so background colors alternate, making it easier to read the listing.
LOVE IT!!!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Quick reply smileys and buttons are back!!  If you have any problems with them please let me know.  Thanks for your patience while I worked on this modification.

BTW, chat will be up soon.
Last edited by Kevin on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Tito »

How do I get a font size of say...150?  :-?

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Instead of an arbitrary "size"  the new code uses actual font points.  Try the different sizes until you get what you want.  If the given ones don't go up big enough (or small enough) I can add others.

If you want to mess around with font sizes manually you can use the font size drop down on the quick reply, post it to a board then go in and edit it - that will give you access to the [size] code.
Last edited by Kevin on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I changed the quick reply buttons so they actually show the code instead of just making the changes.  This mimics the feel of the old quick reply box and gives you options like changing the font size that Tito was asking about last night. 
Last edited by Kevin on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

The new layout is not being nearly as user-friendly to my Galaxy S 4G as the previous one.  It often hangs for a while as it is loading and I also have difficulty scrolling as smoothly.  It almost feels heavier on my resources, which is strange because I have almost zero problems with 99% of the other sites I've visited.  I should mention, too, that I rarely use mobile-formatted sites.  Most of the time, I browse full sites with ease.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I've noticed the new layout has been considerably faster on my PC and somewhat faster on my iPhone and have had a couple people mention the same thing.  Anyone else having problems?
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

It's only bad during the initial visit.  I usually navigate pretty well afterward (maybe because it's cached?), but I definitely navigated the previous layout easier.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Tito »

Occasionally I will be waiting for a thread to come up (second or two) and I'll be kicked off the site entirely. (I just assumed it was because it's me). And spell check doesn't work sometimes (blank) unless I use it in preview.

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:

Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I have the same issue Tito.  Getting kicked off is a server issue that's being worked on.  Let me work on the caching issues DAE and see what we come up with. 
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I've adjusted caching.  Keep me posted what happens over the next day or so DAE.  I appreciate it.
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

Yeah.  No problem.  I'm going to lay off of the phone for the evening and let it charge for the night, but I'll definitely let you know after a day's experimenting tomorrow. 
EERCrazy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by EERCrazy »

I'm still having that caching issue Kevin we dealt with last year with my ISP @ home.... I've been logging in through a proxy server..... Also is the twitter box coming back?
Make all the jokes you want about dirt roads, poor education and bad teeth, but WVU pulled the rug from under everybody and got what it wanted now and that was out of the Big Least immediately.