Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Rules and Regs for TMN
Aphetto
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Post by Aphetto »

Kevin wrote:It should be available in the upper right-hand corner of the post if you hover your mouse over that post, with the quote button. If not, let me know.

The image function is currently the Img button immediately above the post reply box. I'll make it pretty but the functionality is there.

Quick reply is back too.

I'll still digging through stuff. Keep the suggestions and need fixes coming.
I do not see either an edit option or a delete option.

Edit - Ok, it seems I can only edit my new posts, not my old ones. And are photo links disabled?
Big 12.  Big East.  Same stink, different pile of crap.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Post by Kevin »

Aphetto wrote:
Kevin wrote:It should be available in the upper right-hand corner of the post if you hover your mouse over that post, with the quote button. If not, let me know.

The image function is currently the Img button immediately above the post reply box. I'll make it pretty but the functionality is there.

Quick reply is back too.

I'll still digging through stuff. Keep the suggestions and need fixes coming.
I do not see either an edit option or a delete option.

Edit - Ok, it seems I can only edit my new posts, not my old ones.
Delete is completely turned off for right now. I'll turn it on sometime this weekend. Edit is valid only for 90 minutes after the original post is created; if everyone wants a longer edit window I can increase that.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Aphetto
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aphetto »

Kevin wrote:Delete is completely turned off for right now. I'll turn it on sometime this weekend. Edit is valid only for 90 minutes after the original post is created; if everyone wants a longer edit window I can increase that.
Poses a bit of a problem since I heavily edit my Commitment Tracker thread.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Aphetto wrote:
Kevin wrote:Delete is completely turned off for right now. I'll turn it on sometime this weekend. Edit is valid only for 90 minutes after the original post is created; if everyone wants a longer edit window I can increase that.
Fair enough Aph. I have turned on deleting of posts (with no time limit) and have disabled any time limit on editing posts.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I have updated the majority of the Avatars. If yours is missing you can either upload a new one or let me know and I'll pull it off the old site.

I'm working on getting a Private Message button added to the top navbar. It should be done shortly.

Anything else people want, please let me know.
Aphetto
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aphetto »

Kevin wrote:
Aphetto wrote:
Fair enough Aph. I have turned on deleting of posts (with no time limit) and have disabled any time limit on editing posts.
Much obliged.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Private Messages button has been added to the top nav bar. When I get things settled down I will set it up so it will change color or flash when you have a new message. At least we don't have to go digging for PMs now.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Spoiler:
Spoiler should be working now.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

New PM system should be up and running now. This has the functionality I've been promising Tito forever - the ability to show when a message has been read by the recipient. I've also disabled the limit of how many PMs you can keep in your account. If this gets out of control I'll set a limit.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Youtube tag is working. Paste THE ENTIRE YOUTUBE URL in between the tags, not just the video ID. Here's a song for your enjoyment:

EERCrazy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by EERCrazy »

Like the new set up so far!! Thanks Kevin... So I assume you now have to be a member and logged in to see the boards at all now? I couldn't get on all day as a guest until I logged in with account name and ID just now... (have to be a 'guest' sometimes at the hospital!)
Make all the jokes you want about dirt roads, poor education and bad teeth, but WVU pulled the rug from under everybody and got what it wanted now and that was out of the Big Least immediately.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

EERCrazy wrote:Like the new set up so far!! Thanks Kevin... So I assume you now have to be a member and logged in to see the boards at all now? I couldn't get on all day as a guest until I logged in with account name and ID just now... (have to be a 'guest' sometimes at the hospital!)
Correct, although the new session cookie should hopefully fix any issues with logging in. Keep me updated if it doesn't cooperate at the hospital EERC and we'll work around it.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Are you guys ready for the epic timesuck? Arcade will be online tonight. I won't roll them all out at once but I have over 1,000 games for it as well as the ability to challenge each other in games.

I'm going to roll out Pingu games this evening so prepare to slap around a penguin. :evil:
Aphetto
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aphetto »

Kevin wrote:I'm going to roll out Pingu games this evening so prepare to slap around a penguin. :evil:
:cigar:
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Angry Birds is in the Arcade. The score shown on each level is for that level; when you end the game it will give you the cumulative score.

The game is pretty big so it will take a minute or so to load.

Enjoy.