Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Rules and Regs for TMN
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Post by Tito »

Does anyone else have times (only occasionally) when the right click won't work when copying and/or pasting in a reply? It's like that function is frozen. It eventually works a lot later but I can't determine what, if anything, reactivates it. Once closing out the site and re-opening a fresh screen worked, but not always it seems. It only happens with me on TMN.
___________________________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image
___________________________________________________________________________________

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Lee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Lee »

Tito wrote:.
Does anyone else have times (only occasionally) when the right click won't work when copying and/or pasting in a reply? It's like that function is frozen. It eventually works a lot later but I can't determine what, if anything, reactivates it. Once closing out the site and re-opening a fresh screen worked, but not always it seems. It only happens with me on TMN.
Not me. I figure it must be the new "mess with Tito's head" subroutine Kevin added to the software.
The Old Grad formerly known as wvu1980ae.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Tito »

Tito wrote:.
Lee wrote:Not me. I figure it must be the new "mess with Tito's head" subroutine Kevin added to the software.
I suspected long ago that the TMN hierarchy commissioned a secret independent board of censors and has my "images" on a timed delay until it goes by that censorship panel

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Phantom Phoenix
2nd String
2nd String

Post by Phantom Phoenix »

Anyone else experience downtime with the site this morning? There was a period for about an hour where I couldn't access TMN. It appears to be resolved now, but thought I'd mention it.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Post by Kevin »

The host was having network issues. I couldn't even log a ticket because their own site was down. I've requested an explanation as to why they were down but don't expect much.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I am planning on doing a significant upgrade tonight around 11:00. This upgrade is the first step of the site redesign I have planned to be done before football season. The site shouldn't be down during the upgrade but will likely be in a read-only state for about 5 minutes. I'll keep everyone posted when the upgrade is complete.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

We're updated and on the newest version of the board software. Please let me know if there is any unusual weirdness. Well, more than normal. Thanks!
used2bgeno
MVP
MVP
Status: Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.

Post by used2bgeno »

is anyone else's twitter feed extra wide today?
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I'm looking at it. No changes to the site have been made so I'm checking to see if Twitter has changed anything.

EDIT: It appears to be Twitter. I have disabled the feed until I can get a new script that doesn't break the layout. I should have it fixed this evening.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

We're back up with the Twitter timeline.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Tito »

Anyone else getting a frequent scrambled screen here? Duplicate text & images overlapping and broken up. Usually can be cleared with a left click. It used to happen sometimes I think when someone posted a huge oversize image.

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:

Adam
MVP
MVP

Post by Adam »

Yep...happens quite often on this site for me also.
"Weeping may endure for a night,but joy comes in the morning."(psalms 30:5)

Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

If you guys could provide a screen shot that would be muy bueno
Adam
MVP
MVP

Post by Adam »

I will leave that up to Tito...I have no idea how to do a screenshot.
"Weeping may endure for a night,but joy comes in the morning."(psalms 30:5)

Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Tito »

I'll try to get #2 son to do that. It's like a patchwork collage overlapping part of the screen with maybe 4 identical avatar pics and squares of text. It can be taken off usually with a continuous left click and sometimes by passing the cursor over the problem. Sometimes it takes a little longer to get the correct screen picture back without the overlay clutter.

DISCLAIMER-WARNING: