Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Rules and Regs for TMN
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Post by Kevin »

Don't say we never did nothing for you.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Chat is back. I will be adding the "Who is Chatting" list to the bottom of the home page tomorrow. I feel it would be a good time to do some upgrades and improvements. I'll take suggestions for any new features/improvements to existing functionality/fixes for things that aren't working and I will start in on them once basketball season is over.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

It started last night, but every time I try to access the non-mobile site via my laptop, it tries to download a PHP file. Interestingly enough, this only happens when I try to access the main page (themountaineernation.com/index.php). Every other page works fine. I can actually even navigate to the main page by dropping off the "index.php" of the URL as well. As soon as I try to visit it directly though or click on "Board Index," I am prompted to download the PHP file. Is some kind of maintenance going on?
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

I know the header is fubar on my phone
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Lee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Lee »

Aaron wrote:I know the header is fubar on my phone
Same here.
The Old Grad formerly known as wvu1980ae.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Post by Tito »

Lee wrote:
Aaron wrote:I know the header is fubar on my phone
Same here.
I take these strict standards and warnings very seriously... :paranoid: Image

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/themou9/public_html/arcade/includes/functions.php on line 111
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4682: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/arcade/includes/functions.php:111)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4684: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/arcade/includes/functions.php:111)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/arcade/includes/functions.php:111)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/arcade/includes/functions.php:111)
___________________________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image
___________________________________________________________________________________

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Our hosting provider did maintenance last night on our server and didn't bother to let anyone know. It broke the site. I've moved us to our backup server until I can tell the hosting provider what I think of them and everyone that looks like them. We should be at full steam in an hour.

If you have auto-login turned on and it asks you to log in don't freak out - the move to the new server resets all the sessions.
wvDaxx
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by wvDaxx »

Thanks Kevin! Working fine on my end now.
"Our Lady of Victory" - The patron Saint of West Virginia.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I'll be doing a ton of maintenance/upgrades over the next couple of weeks on the site. There will be several brief periods of downtime that will be announced well in advance of when they happen. The longest period of downtime will be about 15 minutes and will happen on a weekday around midnight. I'll keep you all posted as we go along.

Thanks folks!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I'm going to be doing step one of maintenance tonight around 1:00am. The site might be down for 5 minutes.
5thfoot
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by 5thfoot »

Kevin, I want to add another image to my signature line. I never wanna remove Luck. i'd really like to add a B12 WV image.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

More work going on tonight around 10:30. If the site logs you out just log back in and you should be okay. This is the next-to-last maintenance step.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Maintenance tomorrow night starting around 11:30. The site should only be down (not accessible) for about 5 minutes and it will be up but sluggish for another 30 minutes. After that the new features will be rolled out.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Just a reminder that the site will be down shortly at 11:30 tonight. It might require you to log back in once done. This is a fairly substantial upgrade so if you have any issues please let me know.
Lee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Lee »

Kevin wrote:Just a reminder that the site will be down shortly at 11:30 tonight. It might require you to log back in once done. This is a fairly substantial upgrade so if you have any issues please let me know.
Ruh-roh! Before I retired, at work "fairly substantial upgrade" was IT-speak for "the end of the world as you know it." I'm sure you're better than that... :paranoid:
The Old Grad formerly known as wvu1980ae.