Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Rules and Regs for TMN
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Post by Kevin »

Testing a yellow/gold color scheme.  It isn't completely installed but input is appreciated.

We have modified the topic list for each board so background colors alternate, making it easier to read the listing.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

I like the alternating colors. The gold is not bad. It shouldn't be too bright when looking through the site.
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

That's exactly what I'm aiming for - it is hard to do anything in yellow/gold and not have it too bright.  I'm trying to keep it muted enough to not draw attention to itself.

Anyway, I appreciate any and all input.
Last edited by Kevin on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Post by Tito »

I like the colors too. Something that seems harder though, for me at least, is quickly finding a thread in the forums. The "started by..." info has way too much prominence with the thread title. They are both too similar and too close, seems jumbled. And with the alternating gold and yellow shades, the color that the thread titles are in changes from thread to thread so you can't use that when you're scanning the menu for threads.
___________________________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image
___________________________________________________________________________________

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

yea. Maybe move the "started by" underneath the thread title and make the font a size smaller? maybe from this
Member/Non Member Update

Started by Nick

to this
Member/Non Member Update
Started by Nick
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

does that make sense? I thought the exact same thing Tito but wasn't sure how to explain it
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

spd wrote: does that make sense? I thought the exact same thing Tito but wasn't sure how to explain it
I can change that.  I'll work on it this evening.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Ok, I've adjusted the "Started by" text to be smaller that the thread title.  Check it out and let me know if that makes things better.
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

yep. Can you put it directly under the title and still leave the block the same size? So the thread block sticks out and you can distinguish each thread better?
Last edited by Aaron on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

So you're saying remove the space between the title and the "Started by" lines while not shrinking the whole block?
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

yes, exactly.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Check it now spd.
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

Bingo. damn fine work sir!
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Post by Tito »

Thanks Kevin! Much cleaner and easier to use. While I've got you...When you use quick reply is the only way to customize the text (smiliies, bold, color, font size..) is to go to preview and add the extras in there to the text? And...how many seconds before the "edited" announcement kicks in? Can it be just a little longer? I don't want people to know I'm not perfect on my first try.. :D  without copying, removing the post then pasting it back in again.. :paranoid:
Last edited by Tito on Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Tito wrote:
Thanks Kevin! Much cleaner and easier to use. While I've got you...When you use quick reply is the only way to customize the text (smiliies, bold, color, font size..) is to go to preview and add the extras in there to the text?
I hope to get all the buttons for quick reply installed tonight or tomorrow.  It has taken more work than I thought but I think I have it ready.