The Great TMN Crash of 2014

Rules and Regs for TMN
Luke
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Great TMN Crash of 2014

Post by Luke »

Ha!

Thanks Kev. The work doesn't go unnoticed.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Post by Kevin »

I'm planning on some downtime Sunday night around 11:00. Downtime should be 5 minutes. This is to move the site onto its new wicked fast server.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
eerfrombirth
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by eerfrombirth »

Awesome, thanks for the heads up Kev.
The seeds we sow today determine the kind of fruit we'll reap tomorrow.
A2Z4WV
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Post by A2Z4WV »

WVUgirl2003 wrote:or that the new owner of TOS that must not be named hacked this site or something!
I admit that this was my first thought. :D

What can I say? I like conspiracy theories. :shrug:

Thanks for all the work you all put into the site! As an owner/admin/mod of another site, I know exactly how much work that is. THANK YOU for providing a classy place to discuss our Mountaineers! It's greatly appreciated.

:mountaineer:
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

A2Z4WV wrote:
WVUgirl2003 wrote:or that the new owner of TOS that must not be named hacked this site or something!
I admit that this was my first thought. :D

What can I say? I like conspiracy theories. :shrug:

Thanks for all the work you all put into the site! As an owner/admin/mod of another site, I know exactly how much work that is. THANK YOU for providing a classy place to discuss our Mountaineers! It's greatly appreciated.

:mountaineer:
:)) It would make a much more interesting story than a database server crash.

I'm still on for a server switchover tonight. I'm going to play it by ear - if we have a lot of traffic at 11:00 I'll probably just push off the migration until the site has quieted down. Regardless, we should be on the new server in the morning.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
WVBU
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Post by WVBU »

Thanks.. I too thought I was may have gotten the boot, I was on the way to the game and couldn't log on , my wife said "you didn't get drunk and post something stupid did you " I said maybe but nothing out of the normal..
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Post by Tito »

WVBU wrote: I was on the way to the game and couldn't log on , my wife said "you didn't get drunk and post something stupid did you " I said maybe but nothing out of the normal..

I hear ya brother! :cheers: :))
___________________________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image
___________________________________________________________________________________

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Didn't get the server switched over due to some issues. Better leave it up as-is and not risk more downtime on an unstable platform. We'll move it one evening this week. I'll let you know.
used2bgeno
MVP
MVP
Status: Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.

Post by used2bgeno »

put up a paypal button that we can send "donations' to support the cause please!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

We're on our new server. I lost two posts in the transfer since it was the middle of the day and I apologize for it but we were having timeout issues that kept the site from running correctly. If you see any high weirdness let me know.
5thfoot
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by 5thfoot »

Weirdness? ... :paranoid: Here?? :-o I haven't seen anything. [-(
used2bgeno
MVP
MVP
Status: Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.

Post by used2bgeno »

used2bgeno wrote:put up a paypal button that we can send "donations' to support the cause please!

BUMP