The Great TMN Crash of 2014

Rules and Regs for TMN

Re: The Great TMN Crash of 2014

Postby Luke » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:22 pm

Ha!

Thanks Kev. The work doesn't go unnoticed.
Luke
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kevin » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:53 pm

I'm planning on some downtime Sunday night around 11:00. Downtime should be 5 minutes. This is to move the site onto its new wicked fast server.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Postby eerfrombirth » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:08 pm

Awesome, thanks for the heads up Kev.
The seeds we sow today determine the kind of fruit we'll reap tomorrow.
eerfrombirth
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby A2Z4WV » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:36 pm

WVUgirl2003 wrote:or that the new owner of TOS that must not be named hacked this site or something!

I admit that this was my first thought. :D

What can I say? I like conspiracy theories. :shrug:

Thanks for all the work you all put into the site! As an owner/admin/mod of another site, I know exactly how much work that is. THANK YOU for providing a classy place to discuss our Mountaineers! It's greatly appreciated.

:mountaineer:
A2Z4WV
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kevin » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:04 pm

A2Z4WV wrote:
WVUgirl2003 wrote:or that the new owner of TOS that must not be named hacked this site or something!

I admit that this was my first thought. :D

What can I say? I like conspiracy theories. :shrug:

Thanks for all the work you all put into the site! As an owner/admin/mod of another site, I know exactly how much work that is. THANK YOU for providing a classy place to discuss our Mountaineers! It's greatly appreciated.

:mountaineer:

:)) It would make a much more interesting story than a database server crash.

I'm still on for a server switchover tonight. I'm going to play it by ear - if we have a lot of traffic at 11:00 I'll probably just push off the migration until the site has quieted down. Regardless, we should be on the new server in the morning.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby WVBU » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:02 am

Thanks.. I too thought I was may have gotten the boot, I was on the way to the game and couldn't log on , my wife said "you didn't get drunk and post something stupid did you " I said maybe but nothing out of the normal..
WVBU
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Tito » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:05 pm

WVBU wrote: I was on the way to the game and couldn't log on ,[b] my wife said "you didn't get drunk and post something stupid did you " I said maybe but nothing out of the normal..

I hear ya brother! :cheers: :))
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DISCLAIMER-WARNING: Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:50 pm

Didn't get the server switched over due to some issues. Better leave it up as-is and not risk more downtime on an unstable platform. We'll move it one evening this week. I'll let you know.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby used2bgeno » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:57 am

put up a paypal button that we can send "donations' to support the cause please!
used2bgeno
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Status: Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.

Postby Kevin » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:50 pm

We're on our new server. I lost two posts in the transfer since it was the middle of the day and I apologize for it but we were having timeout issues that kept the site from running correctly. If you see any high weirdness let me know.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby 5thfoot » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:02 pm

Weirdness? ... :paranoid: Here?? :-o I haven't seen anything. [-(
5thfoot
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby used2bgeno » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:09 pm

used2bgeno wrote:put up a paypal button that we can send "donations' to support the cause please!

BUMP
used2bgeno
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Status: Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.

Previous

Return to themountaineernation.com Rules and Information