Switch to full style
Rules and Regs for TMN
Post a reply

What's your mobile platform

Android
14
42%
iPhone
15
45%
Blackberry
1
3%
Other mobile OS
1
3%
I use a desktop/laptop for TMN
2
6%
 
Total votes : 33

What mobile OS do you use?

Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:42 pm

I'm working on the mobile app and want to see who uses which mobile platform and how many use mobile to begin with. Please post any comments as well. This poll will directly affect the rollout of the TMN app. Thanks!

Re: What mobile OS do you use?

Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:21 am

I plan on getting a new phone today so mine may change

Re: What mobile OS do you use?

Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:43 am

iOS on phone and iPad, although on iPad the full site works great.

Re: What mobile OS do you use?

Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:18 pm

Android Storm phone and tablet.

Re: What mobile OS do you use?

Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:27 pm

got a new Galaxy yesterday

Re: What mobile OS do you use?

Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:38 am

I have an Andriod, iPad, Nook Color, and a Blackberry. I do not use any of these to connect to TMN. I only use my iMac, Dell laptop or Dell netbook.

Re: What mobile OS do you use?

Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:44 am

sc-wvu4ever wrote:iOS on phone and iPad, although on iPad the full site works great.



What he said :D

Re: What mobile OS do you use?

Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:01 pm

Have you considered Tapatalk?

Re: What mobile OS do you use?

Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:39 pm

wvuchip wrote:Have you considered Tapatalk?


Considering there aren't any Blackberry users that's the direction we're going. We're going for the fully branded standalone app that will be free for our users as opposed to a listing on the Tapatalk site and forcing people to pay for the generic tapatalk app.

I'm using Tapatalk on an engine builders forum I'm a member of and it does everything I do on the full site. I'm quite impressed with it.

Re: What mobile OS do you use?

Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:52 pm

Andriod all they way around. Phone is lg optimus g

Re: What mobile OS do you use?

Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:04 pm

Kevin wrote:
wvuchip wrote:Have you considered Tapatalk?


Considering there aren't any Blackberry users that's the direction we're going. We're going for the fully branded standalone app that will be free for our users as opposed to a listing on the Tapatalk site and forcing people to pay for the generic tapatalk app.

I'm using Tapatalk on an engine builders forum I'm a member of and it does everything I do on the full site. I'm quite impressed with it.


Glad I was able to drop that brick. Android interested, Kev. Thanks again for your work and your ...er, particular attention to community building excercises. ;)

Re: What mobile OS do you use?

Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:41 pm

A lot of people are really liking the Blackberry 10 series from what I've heard. It will be supporting Android apps too.

I have an HTC One S and use it frequently. Waiting until the Fall before I think about upgrading because T-Mobile's 3rd and last strategic phase is being implemented then and nobody knows what it is. The first was to do away with contracts and phone subsidies and the second was to create a fair upgrade program for users. By all accounts, they've succeeded with both of those. I can't imagine anything bigger than those two announcements but we'll see. That's why I don't want to make any moves too soon.

Re: What mobile OS do you use?

Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:58 pm

I've always used Android

Re: What mobile OS do you use?

Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:11 pm

DAE wrote:A lot of people are really liking the Blackberry 10 series from what I've heard. It will be supporting Android apps too.


Only Android Apps that are built to run on ICS, which is Android 2.3, or older. That app pool is shrinking quickly. Blackberry has announced they'll update the execution layer to run Jellybean API Level 16, which is already two revisions out of date. I don't know when that will happen. It might already be the case.

Re: What mobile OS do you use?

Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:50 pm

I haven't been following it and am not sure what's going on, but my brother has the Q10 and I think he is using a current version of Google maps. I'll have to doublecheck though. I'll be seeing him tomorrow and can find out.
Post a reply