Other mobile OS
3%
I use a desktop/laptop for TMN
6%

Total votes: 33

Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

What mobile OS do you use?

Post by Kevin »

I'm working on the mobile app and want to see who uses which mobile platform and how many use mobile to begin with. Please post any comments as well. This poll will directly affect the rollout of the TMN app. Thanks!
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: What mobile OS do you use?

Post by Aaron »

I plan on getting a new phone today so mine may change
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
sc-wvu4ever
MVP
MVP

Post by sc-wvu4ever »

iOS on phone and iPad, although on iPad the full site works great.
From Weirton to Welch and Martinsburg to Matawan the hills resound with sounds of Gold and Blue Football.
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

Android Storm phone and tablet.
Things are more like they are now than they ever were before. (Dwight D Eisenhower)
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

got a new Galaxy yesterday
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Haydesc
MVP
MVP

Post by Haydesc »

I have an Andriod, iPad, Nook Color, and a Blackberry. I do not use any of these to connect to TMN. I only use my iMac, Dell laptop or Dell netbook.
Elkview
Redshirt
Redshirt

Post by Elkview »

sc-wvu4ever wrote:iOS on phone and iPad, although on iPad the full site works great.

What he said :D
wvuchip
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Post by wvuchip »

Have you considered Tapatalk?
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

wvuchip wrote:Have you considered Tapatalk?
Considering there aren't any Blackberry users that's the direction we're going. We're going for the fully branded standalone app that will be free for our users as opposed to a listing on the Tapatalk site and forcing people to pay for the generic tapatalk app.

I'm using Tapatalk on an engine builders forum I'm a member of and it does everything I do on the full site. I'm quite impressed with it.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
eerfrombirth
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by eerfrombirth »

Andriod all they way around. Phone is lg optimus g
The seeds we sow today determine the kind of fruit we'll reap tomorrow.
5thfoot
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by 5thfoot »

Kevin wrote:
wvuchip wrote:Have you considered Tapatalk?
Considering there aren't any Blackberry users that's the direction we're going. We're going for the fully branded standalone app that will be free for our users as opposed to a listing on the Tapatalk site and forcing people to pay for the generic tapatalk app.

I'm using Tapatalk on an engine builders forum I'm a member of and it does everything I do on the full site. I'm quite impressed with it.
Glad I was able to drop that brick. Android interested, Kev. Thanks again for your work and your ...er, particular attention to community building excercises. ;)
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

A lot of people are really liking the Blackberry 10 series from what I've heard. It will be supporting Android apps too.

I have an HTC One S and use it frequently. Waiting until the Fall before I think about upgrading because T-Mobile's 3rd and last strategic phase is being implemented then and nobody knows what it is. The first was to do away with contracts and phone subsidies and the second was to create a fair upgrade program for users. By all accounts, they've succeeded with both of those. I can't imagine anything bigger than those two announcements but we'll see. That's why I don't want to make any moves too soon.
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

I've always used Android
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

DAE wrote:A lot of people are really liking the Blackberry 10 series from what I've heard. It will be supporting Android apps too.
Only Android Apps that are built to run on ICS, which is Android 2.3, or older. That app pool is shrinking quickly. Blackberry has announced they'll update the execution layer to run Jellybean API Level 16, which is already two revisions out of date. I don't know when that will happen. It might already be the case.
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

I haven't been following it and am not sure what's going on, but my brother has the Q10 and I think he is using a current version of Google maps. I'll have to doublecheck though. I'll be seeing him tomorrow and can find out.