Re: The Suggestion Box

Rules and Regs for TMN
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Post by Tito »

Haydesc wrote:
EERCrazy wrote:
EERCrazy wrote: Can we take Pat MacAfee's and John Flower's tweets off our twitter watch, they both seem like they tweet every 2 hours and say nothing of any value. In fact, they tweet so often that the valuable stuff like our new basketball commit is off our twitter watch before most of the board even got to see it....
Ok, I don't want to sound like an ass, but most of the stuff the current players, ie Stedman Bailey is just as worthless ass MacAfee and flowers.... Maybe others aren't, but I'm tired of reading thank you for this day and give me strength Lord every day meanwhile the GOOD tweets like new articles on other sites are off the twitter box before we get a chance to read them... I don't know just throwing that out there cause it annoys me.....
+1
Kevin wrote: What are you all suggesting we do to fix it?
An ignore button for tweeters?  :))
___________________________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image
___________________________________________________________________________________

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Aphetto
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aphetto »

Faux has got to go.
Big 12.  Big East.  Same stink, different pile of crap.
Haydesc
MVP
MVP

Post by Haydesc »

tubex wrote: Can you put an additional "view unread posts" button at the bottom of the page by the "go up" button?
I am not sure if this got buried in all of the tweet posts, but I would like to +1 it.

It would be very helpful to have a "Show unread posts since last visit" added to the bottom of the page.
gratefuleer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by gratefuleer »

Haydesc wrote:
tubex wrote: Can you put an additional "view unread posts" button at the bottom of the page by the "go up" button?
I am not sure if this got buried in all of the tweet posts, but I would like to +1 it.

It would be very helpful to have a "Show unread posts since last visit" added to the bottom of the page.
Haydesc, I really don't see the point for this. (Not being a smart ass) If you come back to the site and click on any forum it will show you all of the threads that received posts while you were gone. That's why there is a "NEW" tab beside the thread title. Click the "NEW" tab and it takes you right to the latest poat you haven't read. Then you can continue with the thread and keep up.
"Name me someone that's not a parasite and I'll go out and say a prayer for him" -Bob Dylan

"I drink to remember, I smoke to forget. Some things to be proud of, some stuff to regret."
Haydesc
MVP
MVP

Post by Haydesc »

gratefuleer wrote:
Haydesc wrote:

Haydesc, I really don't see the point for this. (Not being a smart ass) If you come back to the site and click on any forum it will show you all of the threads that received posts while you were gone. That's why there is a "NEW" tab beside the thread title. Click the "NEW" tab and it takes you right to the latest poat you haven't read. Then you can continue with the thread and keep up.

It isn't the posts but the threads.  What I mean is that when I get to the last post of a thread I must click on the back button at the top of the page or scroll up and click on "Show unread posts since last visit" to get back to the list of threads with new posts in them.  Clicking on the back button is not that big of a deal but it takes me to a page that includes the thread that I was just in.  Scrolling up isn't a big deal either but not as nearly as convenient as having the same link at the bottom of the page would be.
Nicole
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Nicole »

Helpful hint (not just for this site)...press the "Home" button on your keyboard while on any webpage.  It will take you right to the top of the page.  Press the "End" button to go to the bottom of the page. 
Last edited by Nicole on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

I just click the name of the board once I read the unread posts. For instance I go to themountaineernation.com Rules and Information , read the post, click on it again at the bottom of the page, read the next post. All the unread posts are at the top of the page and the new button disappears once you read it. It's easy for me.
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
PartyEER
Redshirt
Redshirt

Post by PartyEER »

^+1
Haydesc
MVP
MVP

Post by Haydesc »

The way that I navigate the site is to click "Show unread posts since last visit."  This displays the all of the threads in all boards on this site that have new posts.  Once I have completing reading the new posts in a thread listed on this page I would like to easily go back to the list of threads with unread posts since last visit, without displaying the thread that I just completed reading.  This can be accomplished by scrolling to the top of the page or hitting the home button (thank you Nicole) and clicking on "Show unread posts since last visit" again.  It would be nice if "Show unread posts since last visit" was also at the bottom of the page for this purpose.  No big deal, just a convenience thing.
EERCrazy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by EERCrazy »

Is there any chance we could have the Chat back up by opening day??
Make all the jokes you want about dirt roads, poor education and bad teeth, but WVU pulled the rug from under everybody and got what it wanted now and that was out of the Big Least immediately.
WVUgirl2003
MVP
MVP

Post by WVUgirl2003 »

Are you going to be at the game opening day? Do you intend to text a good luck pic of the field to your favorite girl03?
If so, yes, we can have chat back up.
(Not that I have anything to do with it, lol!)
WVU Mountaineers: 1922 Football National Champs & 1942 Basketball National Champs. Just as legitimate- never proclaimed; until NOW!
EERCrazy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by EERCrazy »

The answer is yes and yes! ;)
Make all the jokes you want about dirt roads, poor education and bad teeth, but WVU pulled the rug from under everybody and got what it wanted now and that was out of the Big Least immediately.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Post by Kevin »

Barring some sort of unforseen problem Chat should be back up by Tuesday.  I'm hoping for tomorrow but that might be optimistic.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Haydesc
MVP
MVP

Post by Haydesc »

By the way - A belated thank you for cleaning up the Twitter feeds.  Nice job!
Aphetto
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aphetto »

Someone loses serious brownie points for having a Pro-p*tt  twitter feed on the twitbox.
Last edited by Aphetto on Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big 12.  Big East.  Same stink, different pile of crap.