Re: The Suggestion Box

Rules and Regs for TMN
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Post by Kevin »

[quote=""spd""]nope. Me as well. It's been driving me crazy. I was hoping it was the bowl pickem[/quote]

Not isolated - I've had the same issue today. We're looking into the problem.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

roger. That's why I had double posts.When I would submit it would take a couple of minutes to post.
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick »

Dunno if it makes a difference, but I did wait until yesterday (the last day) to renew the site... :D
ShartOnPitt
1st String
1st String

Post by ShartOnPitt »

[quote=""marcolian""]Aight my homies, the TMN pickem will be up tomorrow (not tonight, sorry). We're going to do a straight-up pickem, a pickem against the spread and an over/under pickem. Not all the odds are out and probably won't be until after Army plays Saturday so we'll put the straight pickem out tomorrow (with Temple vs. UCLA/Army) and the others on Sunday after the odds are posted for all bowls.[/quote]

Where do I find the pickem? Am I blind? Or are you going to do what my wife does when I'm in the fridge and tell me to look behind something?
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I could tell you to look behind the mayo SoP but I'll just put a link on the front page. I'll put it up later this morning (Thursday).
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
ShartOnPitt
1st String
1st String

Post by ShartOnPitt »

[quote=""marcolian""]I could tell you to look behind the mayo SoP but I'll just put a link on the front page. I'll put it up later this morning (Thursday).[/quote]

Is that smoke I smell? Ahhh. It's your pants. They appear to be on fire.
;)
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Our old smileys (including Mountaineer, Pitt Sucks and the Asteroid of Lame) will make their return tonight/tomorrow morning.  I have found the one thing that this software doesn't do well, and that is allow customized smileys.  I've got it figured out and will start adding them tonight.
Aphetto
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aphetto »

marcolian wrote: Our old smileys (including Mountaineer, Pitt Sucks and the Asteroid of Lame) will make their return tonight/tomorrow morning.  I have found the one thing that this software doesn't do well, and that is allow customized smileys.  I've got it figured out and will start adding them tonight.
Any chance Image could get added?  ;D
Big 12.  Big East.  Same stink, different pile of crap.
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

how about a smiley thread with everyones suggestions?
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Aphetto
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aphetto »

spd wrote: how about a smiley thread with everyones suggestions?
Sounds like an idea.
Big 12.  Big East.  Same stink, different pile of crap.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Hey folks, I've re-enabled word censoring.  p*tt sucks.  :D I think I got most of the major ones but if I missed one please post here or pm one of the mods so we can fix it.

Also, you'll notice a Calendar option at the top of the page.  We'll keep schedules updated there.  If anyone has a WVU event to post on the Calendar please let one of the mods know.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Post by Tito »

I have  a few questions Marco..

-What does Child Boards mean?

-Can we not display an edited post notification until at least someone else posts next in that thread? I think the old format did that but it also listed the number of edits.

- Re: the "Other Sports Forum." We have two categories, college/amateur sports and professional sports. That encompasses everything needed in that forum IMO. What is the need for the "Subject" sub-forum for threads under it that rarely gets posted on or used?

-The "on Campus" forum doesn't seem to get a lot of activity. Can you rearrange the Front Porch forum and put it above the On Campus forum on the menu to save the one extra move of dropping down to access the Front Porch? Small effort but I find I have to do it every time I go to the forum menu.

-Thanks Kevin. You guys are unbelievable!  :highfive:
___________________________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image
___________________________________________________________________________________

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Good questions Tito.  Hopefully this will help out:

-What does Child Boards mean?

1. Child boards are sub-boards.  In the "Other Sports" forum, "Other Sports" is the parent board and the child boards are the "Amateur" and "Professional" forums.  The only two boards that have child boards are the "Other Sports" and "Exchange" boards.

-Can we not display an edited post notification until at least someone else posts next in that thread? I think the old format did that but it also listed the number of edits.

2. We can.  I will take a look at it.  I'm not sure how the old board was set up (it was the default as I never changed it) but I'll take a look and see if we can do likewise here.

- Re: the "Other Sports Forum." We have two categories, college/amateur sports and professional sports. That encompasses everything needed in that forum IMO. What is the need for the "Subject" sub-forum for threads under it that rarely gets posted on or used?

3.  This is an issue that is related to the way the "Other Sports Forum" is set up.  If the webmaster knew what he was doing no one  would be able to post in that area.  Everything should go under one of the two child boards.  That is on my short list to fix.  In fact, I was planning on fixing that tonight.

-The "on Campus" forum doesn't seem to get a lot of activity. Can you rearrange the Front Porch forum and put it above the On Campus forum on the menu to save the one extra move of dropping down to access the Front Porch? Small effort but I find I have to do it every time I go to the forum menu.

I'm going to move it to the bottom between the Pulpit and the Rules and Regs boards.  The Exchange is going away in favor of a classified section (more on that in the next couple of days).
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Post by Tito »

You guys are really responsive and efficient. Thanks again 
Last edited by Tito on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

yay another issue from spd. The site works great at home now but at the office it locks up about halfway through loading a page. I ran it with out add ons and it seems to work. Should I keep it that way or is there another setting that would fix it?