Re: The Suggestion Box

Rules and Regs for TMN
DT
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DT »

[quote=""thEEoRy""]I feel like I've deleted a hundred accounts today... The entire nation of Ukraine is now banned from the Mountaineer Nation...

So to all our Ukrainian 'Eers.. sorry :))[/quote]
I seem to remember a site that loved all people, from trolls to spammers =))
When you lose to Kansas, you lose your job!!!
EERCrazy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by EERCrazy »

[quote=""thEEoRy""]I feel like I've deleted a hundred accounts today... The entire nation of Ukraine is now banned from the Mountaineer Nation...

So to all our Ukrainian 'Eers.. sorry :))[/quote]

I can't believe you are going to limit our international development like that Theeory.... [-(
Make all the jokes you want about dirt roads, poor education and bad teeth, but WVU pulled the rug from under everybody and got what it wanted now and that was out of the Big Least immediately.
rnswithscssrs
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Post by rnswithscssrs »

good. at least were getting spammers under controll.
Maybe Jesus turned water into wine, but I just turned a whole student loan into Natty Light. Your move, holy man.

....Where am I going? And why am I in this handbasket?
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

Marco, this one might be hard if not impossible, but how about bookmarks. The ability to bookmark posts or threads. Sometimes it can be a pain going back 50 pages looking for a particular tread or post.
Things are more like they are now than they ever were before. (Dwight D Eisenhower)
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

I don't know if it is possible to do something about this, but I was posting a new thread from work and became busy. Upon returning and submitting my post, I was asked to login and lost everything I was going to post as a result. I know I can check a "keep me logged in" box, but I didn't want to do that from work. There are some e-mail programs that do the same thing and it gets aggravating. Is there no way to preserve the text of a message or will I have to start being more careful? If you can't do anything, you can't do anything.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Post by Kevin »

First, DAE it is possible to do something about that and I will. By default the site will log you out after a set period of inactivity, the length of which escapes me right now. I wll bump that up to 60 minutes.

In response to requests I have shut down the profanity filter in chat. Sexual and racial slurs are still censored as is the worst curse word of all, Pitt. Please keep this in mind when venturing into chat. If somethinng should come up that you deem offensive please pm me and I'll add it to the filter.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

I find t** word t** offensive, can we filter t** word t**?
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Aphetto
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aphetto »

If the new banner at the top of the page is going to be that dark of a blue, is it possible to replace the lighter blue back drop with a darker one so the site does not look disjointed?
Big 12.  Big East.  Same stink, different pile of crap.
Luke
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Luke »

[quote=""Aphetto""]If the new banner at the top of the page is going to be that dark of a blue, is it possible to replace the lighter blue back drop with a darker one so the site does not look disjointed?[/quote]

Step 1: New Banner

Step 2: ???

Step 3: Profit

I haven't seen the new layouts yet but I'm sure it will all match well once Mr. Marcolian is done.
MarshallSucks
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Post by MarshallSucks »

The new banner is awesome! Can't wait to see the complete overhaul!

Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

[quote=""MarshallSucks""]The new banner is awesome! Can't wait to see the complete overhaul!

[/quote]
QFT!
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Phantom Phoenix
2nd String
2nd String

Post by Phantom Phoenix »

I would also suggest centering the final "slide" of the banner. I think the ones before it look great, but the final one looks awkward off to the side.

It should also be One Nation...on the Pitch (not sod) with the soccer player.
Luke
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Luke »

[quote=""Phantom Phoenix""]I would also suggest centering the final "slide" of the banner. I think the ones before it look great, but the final one looks awkward off to the side.

It should also be One Nation...on the Pitch (not sod) with the soccer player.[/quote]

I think the play on words was from "One nation, under God"
Phantom Phoenix
2nd String
2nd String

Post by Phantom Phoenix »

[quote=""thEEoRy""][quote=""Phantom Phoenix""]I would also suggest centering the final "slide" of the banner. I think the ones before it look great, but the final one looks awkward off to the side.

It should also be One Nation...on the Pitch (not sod) with the soccer player.[/quote]

I think the play on words was from "One nation, under God"[/quote]

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Where's the rest?
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Post by Kevin »

[quote=""thEEoRy""][quote=""Phantom Phoenix""]I would also suggest centering the final "slide" of the banner. I think the ones before it look great, but the final one looks awkward off to the side.

I think the play on words was from "One nation, under God"[/quote]

Yeah, that's a play on "One nation, under God". The Columbus Crew used that as a marketing ploy and I thought it was catchy.

The dark blue color of the new banner is the new blue throughout the site. It will look disjointed while I roll out the new pieces. The site, once done, will look like the away football jerseys: White chest, blue trim and yellow sides.

Things are a little off center with the banner while I continue to work on it. The finished product will be out sometime tonight. I just wanted to see how it looked on the site.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.