Re: The Suggestion Box

Rules and Regs for TMN
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Post by Kevin »

You only have a couple more days to submit any suggestions for the new site.  If there are no suggestions you'll end up with a product of my sick and twisted programmer's mentality.  :evil:
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
DT
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DT »

Marco is this possible, to have a thread in the recruiting thread that is linked to multiple twitter accounts that the mods control? So it would update itself whenever a recruit tweet(If thats what it's called) is posted on that person account? Kind of what we have on the main page but this would only be for recruiting and under the recruit thread.
When you lose to Kansas, you lose your job!!!
DT
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DT »

Okay that was confusing, let me try again. So basically it would be a thread that was linked to twitter accounts and each time someones twitter account updated it would show up as a post...is that better?
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

that's kinda what I asked for before but you added the recruits into the mix. I think it would be pretty cool. I know we have a twitter feed but it would be even better to have one with every current player and recruit.
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
DT
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DT »

Okay didn't know that. What I was thinking was everyone could post recruiting twitter links both players,coaches and news outlets and it would be a constant update of recruiting info. A "hub" or central spot for tweets. Once we have these we could be getting tons of info in one spot...bet you would have major traffic increase.
LilTostito
Varsity
Varsity

Post by LilTostito »

The only thing I have issues with on the site is the PMs.
If the person doesn't quote what I wrote, or if I don't save it in my outbox (or whatever it asks me)  some times I can't remember what I wrote so the response is confusing. 
Or am I just mising something?
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Post by Tito »

LilTostito wrote: The only thing I have issues with on the site is the PMs.
If the person doesn't quote what I wrote, or if I don't save it in my outbox (or whatever it asks me)  some times I can't remember what I wrote so the response is confusing.  
Or am I just mising something?
Just automatically save every message you send in the Outbox. Go to your profile, then on the left side click on modify profile, then click on personal message options. There you can check the box to save everything automatically so you can always refer back to see what you sent when you sober up.
___________________________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image
___________________________________________________________________________________

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
LilTostito
Varsity
Varsity

Post by LilTostito »

Too much work for me.  I would rather have Marco change the whole system to my liking.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Actually....Marco is changing the whole system to her liking.

New PM system automatically saves copies to the Sent Items folder and has the same message delivery confirmation as the old version of the site.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
LilTostito
Varsity
Varsity

Post by LilTostito »

Further proof that I am Princess of the Interwebz
gratefuleer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by gratefuleer »

:explode:

I kid.  >< :))
"Name me someone that's not a parasite and I'll go out and say a prayer for him" -Bob Dylan

"I drink to remember, I smoke to forget. Some things to be proud of, some stuff to regret."
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Thanks for the suggestions folks.  DT and spd, that's a good one about twitter updates from recruits.  I'll see what we can do.

Time for suggestions is about out.  If you have one speak now...
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Tito »

Any way to edit a sent PM before it's opened? And are you saying that we will now know if the message we sent has been opened?

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Tito wrote:
Any way to edit a sent PM before it's opened? And are you saying that we will now know if the message we sent has been opened?
Yes and yes.  You will be able to edit a PM (and cancel delivery) up until the time it is opened.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Tito »

marcolian wrote:
Tito wrote:
Yes and yes.  You will be able to edit a PM (and cancel delivery) up until the time it is opened.
#:-s :paranoid: No need to have profanity filters there then I guess... :))   Thanks Kevin! Image

DISCLAIMER-WARNING: