Re: TMN Mobile (aka "Fullblown Handheld Goodness")

Rules and Regs for TMN
used2bgeno
MVP
MVP
Status: Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.

Post by used2bgeno »

I get no smileys or quotes on TMN on my crackberry - but I am fine with it as I can actually post. It's the small things that matter
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

that's what she said
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
used2bgeno
MVP
MVP
Status: Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.

Post by used2bgeno »

spd wrote: that's what she said
"Not the length, not the size, its how many times you can make it rise" -- bride of used2bgeno
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

We need a quote button.  It is a pain to have to type the code for it, especially because brackets are in my symbols folder that I have to keep opening.  A URL function would be nice too.  I'd consider those the essentials.

Let's talk aesthetics.  White and black is dull as all get out.  Can we get some easy-on-the-eyes blue and gold perhaps?  Or just something easier on the eyes? 

Thanks for seeking our input Marco.  You're a great admin for that.   
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

And I wish I could modify my posts.  I miss being able to sneak in with my ninja edits.
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

Last one for the day.  Is there any way to program the links so that the threads take us to the last page rather than the first?  I love the (new) hot link, but when it isn't there, most of the time I've found that I'd rather be taken to the last page than the first.

Do any other mobile users feel similarly or have noticed this?  If not, don't worry about it.
used2bgeno
MVP
MVP

Post by used2bgeno »

I've found the double arrow isn't much to complain about.... I'm happy as hell with the mobile version -- no frills is fine with me actually. As long as I can post -- i couldn't with the previous version and now I can -- life is GOOD -- love the NEW button -- that's PERFECT for hte mobile device -- maybe more than 5 posts per page on the mobile version.....
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

I'm happy with 5 posts per page.  Evidently, you don't have a touch screen Geno.  It is already a nuisance to scroll with 5 posts when they are longer.
used2bgeno
MVP
MVP

Post by used2bgeno »

Crackberry here -- my balls always rolling!  =)) =)) =)) :ymparty:
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

I assumed.  I switched from a Crackberry.  I do miss the track ball and track pad, but it just wasn't as web friendly as I had hoped.  Had a Pearl but exchanged it.  Tested out a Bold and finally settled with one of the new Motorolas.  I can browse Rivals with zero problems and it's not the mobile site.  Love my Android.
used2bgeno
MVP
MVP

Post by used2bgeno »

Mine is free for work. That works for me - haha
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

I got a Tritan today from the wife for my Birthday, I may have to try this handhaeld goodness
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Post by Kevin »

Thanks for the suggestions guys.  I really appreciate them.  I was hoping to get some work done on this during the week this week but an unplanned business trip scuttled that idea.  I hope to start in on the suggestions this weekend.  I will keep everyone updated.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
used2bgeno
MVP
MVP

Post by used2bgeno »

For some reason, on my crackberry, I can't click on the links provided at all. They show up as text only.
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

The arcade doesn't work on the Storm phone. No java.  BUMMMMMMMMER.  X( X( X(  
Last edited by Stormineer on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Things are more like they are now than they ever were before. (Dwight D Eisenhower)