Re: TMN Mobile (aka "Fullblown Handheld Goodness")

Rules and Regs for TMN
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

TMN Mobile (aka "Fullblown Handheld Goodness")

Post by Stormineer »

For all you Technogeeks, Droids, Crackberry and Smartphone users.

http://www.tmnmobile.com

Test, starting a new thread.
Last edited by Stormineer on Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Things are more like they are now than they ever were before. (Dwight D Eisenhower)
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: TMN Mobile (aka "Fullblown Handheld Goodness)

Post by Stormineer »

Can't edit but I can post.

And you are right, TMNMOBILE is about as pretty as my mirror in the morning.  LOL

It works, that's all that matters.
Things are more like they are now than they ever were before. (Dwight D Eisenhower)
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Re: TMN Mobile (aka "Fullblown Handheld Goodness)

Post by Kevin »

Stormineer wrote: Can't edit but I can post.

And you are right, TMNMOBILE is about as pretty as my mirror in the morning.  LOL

It works, that's all that matters.
We'll give it a facelift.  I'll put editing on the to-do list.  Didn't realize that wasn't enabled.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

Ya, I had to come back to the main site to edit.
TMNMOBILE is zippy though.
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

Hey Marco, when the dust settles a bit I have a few suggestions about TMNMOBILE.  

Mainly navigation stuff.  Could you put a main menu button in the Nav stuff?  Using the back button can take 153 backs and you still can't get there.

When you get some time.  
Last edited by Stormineer on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

And if possible a forever button on the login?
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I like it storm - go ahead and post your wishlist on this thread and once we get the main site back to where it needs to be we will dig into tmnmobile.  I think the mobile site will be unique among WVU message boards.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Chat is no longer flash-based storm.  Give it a shot on the storm phone.  It looks pretty functional from the iPhone so hopefully it works on yours as well.
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

It doesn't want to let me login.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I've got a setting off-kilter.  Gimme a little while and let me get it set.
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

That and the posted links aren't active.  I either have to type them in or go back to the main site. 

Speaking of the main site, can you put a hot button link to the main site at the top of the mobile page?  From time to time I go back for some functions such as links, viewing pix, seeing who is online etc.
used2bgeno
MVP
MVP
Status: Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.

Post by used2bgeno »

the mobile is vanilla as hell -- and I'm ok with that because NOW, I can reply to stuff on my crackberry!

Thanks for all of your work on this site -- good stuff man!
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

OK Marco, I can now log into Ajax Chat but cannot see anyone or any posts. I don't know if they can see me either.

I did go into Skyfire and log into chat from the main site, could see and post, but it is cumbersome to say the least. Don't want to go in and just lurk.
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

Adobe is launching Flash 10.1 for Blackberry, Palm, Windows Mobile 6.5, Symbian, and Android soon which should help a lot of things including chat. Unfortunately the Storm phone uses Windows Mobile 6.1. You Crackberry users might keep an eye out for it.

But the CES (Consumer Electronics Show) is going to be in January and a whole buncha cool new phones should be announced.  Might just be time for a new one.   
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Storm, DAE and my handheld amigos:

I need a list of things that y'all would like the mobile version to do.  I know Storm mentioned he can't get to the second page of emoticons, so the mobile version will have all of them on the post page.  What else does the handheld version need to do, keeping in mind it won't be able to match the full version in functionality?  Gimme a list and I'll get to work.

Storm, StormChat should be functional late this week or over the weekend.  It won't be full featured but it will allow you to both post and read in chat.  I'll update you when its time to test.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.