Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Rules and Regs for TMN

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Postby Clark » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:09 pm

seriously tho... if the current "dude' tweet isnt enough for whichever of you followed him to unfollow, I have lost all faith in humanity...

FSU to Big 10 by 2014 season. Jesus H Troll.
Clark
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:43 pm

I plan on doing some database maintenance tonight, probably between 11:30 and midnight. The site will likely be up but if you post during that time there's a good chance your posts will be lost.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Postby Kevin » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:24 pm

I am done with maintenance. Have fun.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby tubex » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:47 pm

I'm trying to upload an avatar from my machine.
It's not on my posts yet. Does this happen immediately?
Is there a way to "proof" it or tell if it worked?
tubex
1st String
1st String

Postby Luke » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:18 am

It's not showing to me. The easiest way is to upload it to a site such as photobucket and using the off-site link.
Luke
Administrator
Administrator

Postby tubex » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:46 am

Thanks.

I think I entered a URL from photobucket. A pic of superwoman. Not sure about sizing, this is all new to me, I'd be glad to read up on it if you can point me in the right direction. I tried the help, but it didn't really help.
tubex
1st String
1st String

Postby Aaron » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:05 am

is it the one in body paint?
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:57 pm

tubex wrote:Thanks.

I think I entered a URL from photobucket. A pic of superwoman. Not sure about sizing, this is all new to me, I'd be glad to read up on it if you can point me in the right direction. I tried the help, but it didn't really help.

Hey tubex,

It should be automatic - once you upload an avatar it is available. Avatars should be no more than 125x125 and smaller than a specific file size. If you can PM me a link to the image I'll get it added to your profile.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby tubex » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:55 pm

Kevin wrote:
tubex wrote:Thanks.

Hey tubex,

It should be automatic - once you upload an avatar it is available. Avatars should be no more than 125x125 and smaller than a specific file size. If you can PM me a link to the image I'll get it added to your profile.

Thanks Kevin.
tubex
1st String
1st String

Postby Kevin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:07 pm

I just wanted to apologize for the downtime this afternoon. The east coast datacenter our server sits in lost all connectivity. It should be back up but we might see a hiccup while they continue to work on it.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BitcoinEER » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:02 pm

Question - I have went mobile on my phone and am playing with it on my computer also, as I am doing other stuff on computer causes this site visuals to load very painfully.

Is there a way to possibly doctor up the mobile site instead of being white, gray, blue. It looks like google mail from 2004.

If its a pain in the ass avoid request.
BitcoinEER
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:14 pm

GolfEER wrote:Question - I have went mobile on my phone and am playing with it on my computer also, as I am doing other stuff on computer causes this site visuals to load very painfully.

Is there a way to possibly doctor up the mobile site instead of being white, gray, blue. It looks like google mail from 2004.

If its a pain in the ass avoid request.

The short answer is yes...eventually.

The longer answer is I'm going to be rolling the TMN mobile app for Android and IPhone sometime next month and want it rolled out before I work on mobile.

The even more in-depth answer is I'm moving the site to a new platform that comes with a truckload of new features and the app will be included in it.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Teameers » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:14 am

Anybody elese having trouble seeing the twitter feed?
Teameers
Redshirt
Redshirt

Postby Aaron » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:38 am

yep
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:30 pm

Teameers wrote:Anybody elese having trouble seeing the twitter feed?

Nothing has changed on the site so my guess is Twitter did an undocumented upgrade to their API. I'll check into it.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to themountaineernation.com Rules and Information