Redshirt
Redshirt

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Post by belcherds »

KEVIN SUX
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Post by Kevin »

I'm going to be working on chat today.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Kevin wrote:I'm going to be working on chat today.
And work on chat is done. I'll add the "Who is Chatting" panel on the home page later today.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I'm going to reboot the server tonight just to make sure all the changes have taken correctly and we're good to go. I'll reboot it around midnight and it shouldn't be down more than 10 minutes.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I had to purge the sessions table to clear out the users that were stuck in a "logged-in" state. This will require everyone to log back in. If you have any issues please PM me or email me at admin@themountaineernation.com
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I saw a number of people who had gotten a post flood error - "It is too soon since your last post" type message. This should be fixed for everyone. If you are getting this error please let me know.
Lee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Lee »

Kevin wrote:I saw a number of people who had gotten a post flood error - "It is too soon since your last post" type message. This should be fixed for everyone. If you are getting this error please let me know.
I was earlier today. Obviously not now; thanks!
The Old Grad formerly known as wvu1980ae.
sc-wvu4ever
MVP
MVP

Post by sc-wvu4ever »

Lee wrote:
Kevin wrote:I saw a number of people who had gotten a post flood error - "It is too soon since your last post" type message. This should be fixed for everyone. If you are getting this error please let me know.
For some too soon would be a year since their last post. :ymdevil:
From Weirton to Welch and Martinsburg to Matawan the hills resound with sounds of Gold and Blue Football.
used2bgeno
MVP
MVP
Status: Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.

Post by used2bgeno »

sc-wvu4ever wrote:
Lee wrote:
For some too soon would be a year since their last post. :ymdevil:
Is it possible to put that on some permanently?
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

One thing I added was a status to the user's profile beside posts. If you go to your User Control Panel and choose Profile from the drop-down menu you'll go to a page that has a "Status" field at the bottom. Fill this in and your status will be displayed underneath your post count, joined and location info.

This is the JimBeam and Tito modification because I enjoyed their ever changing updates.

Have at it.
used2bgeno
MVP
MVP
Status: Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.

Post by used2bgeno »

i think i'm an idiot because i don't see status... hahaha
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

In the User Control Panel or under your avatar? In the UCP it is under the Profile option at the bottom of the screen; on the post pages there must be something in the field for it to display.

<---Check out my user info
used2bgeno
MVP
MVP

Post by used2bgeno »

i see it -- i just don't see the status field anywhere to update it.
Lee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Lee »

used2bgeno wrote:i think i'm an idiot because i don't see status... hahaha
Then I'm an idiot, too, because I don't see it either.
The Old Grad formerly known as wvu1980ae.
Haydesc
MVP
MVP

Post by Haydesc »

Lee wrote:
used2bgeno wrote:i think i'm an idiot because i don't see status... hahaha
Then I'm an idiot, too, because I don't see it either.
Nor I. The last field that can be completed on my page is "Interests."