Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Rules and Regs for TMN
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Post by Kevin »

MikeOly wrote:I keep getting a message when I come to the sight that I'm using an out of date browser so the site may not appear properly. That happened at both home and work, and I'm using two different versions of IE at each (I know the version at work is hella old, but at home I thought I was 100% updated).

So, um, I dunno if the stuff I'm seeing is a site issue, or a browser issue. But it's pretty sparse looking on my end. No banners. No intro or welcome stuff. Just a lot of grey.
That's your browser. The new site uses a lot of HTML 5 which needs Firefox, Safari, Chrome or IE 9. IE 8 and later will let you surf the site but you don't get any of the eye candy. You still have all the content though. If you're running IE 9 then you have a setting disabled. Let me know and we can fix that.

And there are no banners right now so you're not missing anything with that.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Post by Tito »

MikeOly wrote:I keep getting a message when I come to the sight that I'm using an out of date browser.So, um, I dunno if the stuff I'm seeing is a site issue, or a browser issue. But it's pretty sparse looking on my end. No banners. No welcome stuff. Just a lot of grey.
Is M'Oly saying that he is out of date, his end is sparse and he'd welcome a grey banhammer?

___________________________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image
___________________________________________________________________________________

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
maris
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Post by maris »

The site really looks awesome. Kudos to all who keep this site up and running!
EERCrazy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by EERCrazy »

Can we bring back the twitter box?
Make all the jokes you want about dirt roads, poor education and bad teeth, but WVU pulled the rug from under everybody and got what it wanted now and that was out of the Big Least immediately.
EERCrazy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by EERCrazy »

I know it's not been very active lately, but I do think the Bully Pulpit still deserves its own section on the board instead of being part of the Front Porch...
Make all the jokes you want about dirt roads, poor education and bad teeth, but WVU pulled the rug from under everybody and got what it wanted now and that was out of the Big Least immediately.
Lee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Lee »

EERCrazy wrote:I know it's not been very active lately, but I do think the Bully Pulpit still deserves its own section on the board instead of being part of the Front Porch...
Same here - let's keep that stuff totally separate.
The Old Grad formerly known as wvu1980ae.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

EERCrazy wrote:Can we bring back the twitter box?
It is on its way. I have a couple things left on the main site and I need to get the mobile site up first.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Mobile site should be online early this afternoon. It might be rough around the edges starting out but I liked the old mobile site so this one will look a lot like it when I'm done with it.
Thom
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Thom »

I love the new setup! I don't use the mobile site on my phone, man this new format (or whatever was done) is lightnin fast and super easy to navigate. Great job!!!!
5thfoot
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by 5thfoot »

Holy CRAP Kevin, you've been busy. Looking good. :ymapplause:
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

tmnmobile.com is back online. HERE'S THE DEAL: If you aren't already logged in it will take you to the login page on the full site. Login and it will give you the login confirmation screen and then automatically redirect you to the mobile site.

It is fully functional but not necessarily pretty. There is also some new functionality that people have asked for - quote, edit and delete posts are all available on the mobile version now. I'll get the rest of it sorted out soon. At least it is back online for those that use mobile for the site.
EERCrazy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by EERCrazy »

Ok Kev it's 3:10 here in assholistan and the site clock is saying it's 7:10? Are we using Greenwich mean time here on TMN...lol...
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

I had to go in and change it
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Yep, it is on a per-member basis. You can go into the User Control Panel and change it (and the DST settings). Should be here:

http://themountaineernation.com/ucp.php?i=174
Phantom Phoenix
2nd String
2nd String

Post by Phantom Phoenix »

Kevin wrote:Mobile site should be online early this afternoon. It might be rough around the edges starting out but I liked the old mobile site so this one will look a lot like it when I'm done with it.
I'm unable to access the mobile site through my Blackberry Bold. It takes me to the full site each time.