Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Rules and Regs for TMN
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Post by Aaron »

Marcooooooooooooooooooooo

pc question. I'm getting a memory dump lately and my wireless is not connecting. Is my internal wireless card getting too hot and causing this? or can that even do it?
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Luke
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Luke »

There are really only two items in the PC that get hot, and that's the CPU and GPU. There's a chance your wireless card has gone bad and is overworking. They are really affordable to replace if it comes down to it.

Is your pc stowed away in a cubby on your desk? Or does it have open room for the fan to move air?
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

it's on a desk but the fan is reallllly close to the top of the desk. I noticed that after I got it and wondered if it would over heat, I'm going to go get a little back thingy to put under the laptop and see if it helps.
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Post by Kevin »

If you continue to have problems spd send me a PM with your memory dump and what Operating System you're using.  I can take the hex codes out of the memory dump and tell you exactly what's going on.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

roger, thanks guys
gratefuleer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by gratefuleer »

marcolian wrote: If you continue to have problems spd send me a PM with your memory dump and what Operating System you're using.  I can take the hex codes out of the memory dump and tell you exactly what's going on.
Better start trying to get rid of those "sites" Tito sends you!  :paranoid:  :))
"Name me someone that's not a parasite and I'll go out and say a prayer for him" -Bob Dylan

"I drink to remember, I smoke to forget. Some things to be proud of, some stuff to regret."
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

that's probably what's causing it to crash, God forbid something happens to my laptop I use for "work"  :))

Marco, if I can ever get it to boot up I'll look for the dump registry and send it to you
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

how do you post hyperlinks?
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Hyperlinks? As in urls?  The [url ][ /url] tags without the spaces.  If you are referring to something else, please let me know.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

maybe it isn't a hyperlink  :-?

like the word click will link you to a URL...know what I mean?
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Hmmm....no.  Can you give me an example?

BTW, how is the PC doing?
PartyEER
Redshirt
Redshirt

Post by PartyEER »

i think he means when someone uses a word as the hyperlink instead of the whole address ive seen aph do it alot on here. 
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Ah...gotcha.

Use the link button and in the first [ url ] tag put an equals sign and the address, then in between the url tags put what you want to display. 

Here's what it should look like, just remove the underscores (_)

[_url=http://themountaineernation.com]Click Here[/url_]

Removing the _ in the first and last tags will create this with a link back to our main page. Click Here
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 03, 2011 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PartyEER
Redshirt
Redshirt

Post by PartyEER »

thanks i was also wondering how you did that
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

hmm I'll have to practice that one for awhile. Thanks guys  :))