Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Rules and Regs for TMN
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Post by Kevin »

I'm good with blaming it on the earthquake.  If the site goes down for a couple minutes after midnight I'm blaming that on the earthquake too.

Later on this week we'll have chat, the arcade, the countdown and the TMN store online.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Phantom Phoenix
2nd String
2nd String

Post by Phantom Phoenix »

I know it's a few weeks away, but is there going to be a live feed of the games on TMN again?
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Phantom Phoenix wrote: I know it's a few weeks away, but is there going to be a live feed of the games on TMN again?
It is in the works.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Got a handful of additional things to do server-wise tonight.  There might be a small hiccup around 12:30 then another between 1:00 and 1:30. If you get disconnected a refresh should fix it.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Ok folks, I am done with my work. It will probably take 3 hours for all the changes to take effect and during that time the site might be sluggish.  If something isn't working correctly please let me know. We'll start rolling new stuff out tomorrow.
Last edited by Kevin on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

For our guests that have tried to register recently:  we had an intermittent issue with registrations not getting processed.  This has been fixed.  You should now be able to register and have full access to the site.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I had to reset the user sessions so if it kicks you off and makes you log back in, that was me.  Everything appears to be ok now.

If anyone has any issues of any kind please let me know.  I think the database/server work is complete.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

EERC, you're up my friend.  I have a possible solution to your ISP caching everything.  I'll work on it the first of next week.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Going to bring the mobile site down for a while tonight to clean up some stuff.  It shouldn't be down for long.  The full site will remain up.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Post by Tito »

Kevin ,will PM notices show up in our personal e-mail again? Or do I need to activate something again?
I need a little forewarning to brace myself before I'm told how much I suck.  :))
___________________________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image
___________________________________________________________________________________

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Yep, they will show up again.  Been working on the big stuff and now I'm working my way down the list to the annoyances.  I'll let you know when it's set up.
gratefuleer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by gratefuleer »

Kevin wrote: Yep, they will show up again.  Been working on the big stuff and now I'm working my way down the list to the annoyances.  I'll let you know when it's set up.
Speaking of annoyances... Could something be set up that won't let spd post a link to an article without him giving us some kind of description of what he is posting. I hate posts that just have a link and you have no idea what you're going to be reading.  :-o  #-o  :ymdevil:  :D
"Name me someone that's not a parasite and I'll go out and say a prayer for him" -Bob Dylan

"I drink to remember, I smoke to forget. Some things to be proud of, some stuff to regret."
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Post by Tito »

gratefuleer wrote:
Kevin wrote: Yep, they will show up again.  Been working on the big stuff and now I'm working my way down the list to the annoyances.  I'll let you know when it's set up.
Speaking of annoyances... Could something be set up that won't let spd post a link to an article without him giving us some kind of description of what he is posting. I hate posts that just have a link and you have no idea what you're going to be reading.  :-o  #-o  :ymdevil:  :D
grateful..out of nowhere..behind the wheel... :))

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
gratefuleer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by gratefuleer »

Nope. Annoyed!  =))
"Name me someone that's not a parasite and I'll go out and say a prayer for him" -Bob Dylan

"I drink to remember, I smoke to forget. Some things to be proud of, some stuff to regret."