Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Rules and Regs for TMN
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Post by Kevin »

I apologize for not bringing the wicked cool of late.  Work has absolutely swamped me to where I'm lucky to get a post or two in each day.  X(

Being the offseason, new stuff is coming.  First, I have some prizes to give away that might be several months late  :paranoid:  We have a new layout and some new functionality coming for the main site.  As mentioned in another thread, we have an iPhone App and an Android widget coming up.  New chat is on the way too.  Work should die down after June 18th for me (if anyone is at the WV Physical Activity Symposium in Charleston on June 17th and 18th say hi to the computer guy) and new stuff will be rolling out after that.  If you find something that no longer works or doesn't work just PM me.

Thanks everyone!
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

Work is NO excuse. =)) =)) =))
Things are more like they are now than they ever were before. (Dwight D Eisenhower)
gratefuleer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by gratefuleer »

Stormineer wrote: Work is NO excuse. =)) =)) =))
Yea! It's never stopped me!  :D
"Name me someone that's not a parasite and I'll go out and say a prayer for him" -Bob Dylan

"I drink to remember, I smoke to forget. Some things to be proud of, some stuff to regret."
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

Hey Marco, de smiles aren't working with the new Storm phone tonight.
You makin changes?
Things are more like they are now than they ever were before. (Dwight D Eisenhower)
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Stormineer wrote: Hey Marco, de smiles aren't working with the new Storm phone tonight.
You makin changes?
Haven't done a thing to the site in the last couple days Storm.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

Strange, smiley quit. I'll check things out on this end. Been playing around, might have something turned off.
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

Musta had tooooo much chit running. Reboot, and  :ymapplause: :ymapplause: got smileys back.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Gonna do database maintenance tonight, probably around 1:30AM.  Site will still be available but might be sluggish for 30 minutes or so.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

If anyone gets a connection error or server timeout error tonight, please refresh the site and send me a PM when it comes back up.  I'll need to know who has issues and how many times.  Sluggish doesn't count; please just let me know if you get a timeout error.

Thanks.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I just did some emergency maintenance.  Hopefully it will correct the bulk of our issues.  If anyone continues to have problems please let me know.  We are currently working on a plan to move the site to a more robust server, so please bear with us.  Thank you all.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DT
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DT »

I guess we can this one slip B-)
When you lose to Kansas, you lose your job!!!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I'm going to take the arcade down tonight.  No idea when it will be back up.
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

The Storm phone gets sluggish after a while. I log off clear the cache and log back  on and it is ok for a while.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

We have added a default avatar.  If you don't have an avatar selected you get this wickedly cool one without having to do a thing:

Also, if you have a broken link to your avatar (the infamous pic with a red "x") you will get the TMN avatar.  You can go in and fix your avatar under the Profile page.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WVUgirl2003
MVP
MVP

Post by WVUgirl2003 »

Ahaha!!! That explains all these folks having the same avatar & confusing the heck outta' me about who is posting!
WVU Mountaineers: 1922 Football National Champs & 1942 Basketball National Champs. Just as legitimate- never proclaimed; until NOW!