Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Rules and Regs for TMN
DT
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Post by DT »

[quote=""marcolian""]Thanks for the heads-up Pabst. DST is turned off by default. I just turned it on so the times should change shortly.[/quote]
No problem. Thanks again for giving us a place to hang :ymapplause:
When you lose to Kansas, you lose your job!!!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Post by Kevin »

We seem to have some issues with the time change on the board (actually, I've had issues) so hopefully this will clear them up:

The board is set to Daylight Savings Time (DST). If you aren't logged in, you should see the correct current time. Each user has their own settings for DST, so if you log in and get the wrong time, go to the User Control Panel, choose Board Settings and find the DST settings are in effect option near the bottom of the page. Make sure it is set to "yes" and submit your changes. This should fix the problem. I am making a change to the board that should eliminate the need to do this.

Thanks,
Marco
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
MarshallSucks
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Post by MarshallSucks »

We had a little spike with the spammers a short while ago. I wonder if some of them are being done manually.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I'm going to revive this thread to use for new features on the site.

Tonight I added an Articles section to the site.  It will include Mang's recruit interviews, news, opinion and user submitted articles.  Please feel free to read, rate and comment on any of the articles posted.  If you would like to have an article posted on TMN, please go to the User Submitted section and post your article.  The mods will review it and approve/deny it.  Just like before, you must be a member of TMN to view, rate, comment and submit articles.  If you aren't a member please consider signing up.  It takes three minutes and you'll gain access to all the features of TMN.

Please let me know if you have issues with the articles section.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

New photo gallery is up and running.  You can access it through the Gallery link at the top of the page.  Post, view and comment on the photos.  As always, please let me know if there are issues.

Enjoy!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

New functionality:

In response to several requests, I have added a site link listing at the bottom of the page in addition to the top. 

This is the "The Mountaineer Nation > TMN Forums > themountaineernation.com Rules and Information" link.

It was a pain to have to scoll to the top to go back to the top to go back, so I've added it to the bottom of each page as well.
WVUgirl67
1st String
1st String

Post by WVUgirl67 »

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Post by Tito »

marcolian wrote: New functionality:

In response to several requests, I have added a site link listing at the bottom of the page in addition to the top. 

This is the "The Mountaineer Nation > TMN Forums > themountaineernation.com Rules and Information" link.

It was a pain to have to scoll to the top to go back to the top to go back, so I've added it to the bottom of each page as well.
Damnit Marco, That was the only exercise I get!  j/k thanks!
___________________________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image
___________________________________________________________________________________

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
sc-wvu4ever
MVP
MVP

Post by sc-wvu4ever »

Has anyone checked out their "Stats" on the profile page...interesting information that "Big Mountaineer" collects on each of us.  :-?
From Weirton to Welch and Martinsburg to Matawan the hills resound with sounds of Gold and Blue Football.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Tito »

sc-wvu4ever wrote: Has anyone checked out their "Stats" on the profile page...interesting information that "Big Mountaineer" collects on each of us.  :-?
I hope grate reads this. That  personal stat sheet is just like the one his bosses are looking at for his work computer!!  :-o  #-o  =)) :((. The scariest stat (at least for me?) the total on-line/logged in time!  :paranoid:

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

New games have been added to the arcade - Donkey Kong, Duck Hunt, Frogger, Tetris and Breakout.

Old School!!
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Tito »

This is India...Where you call when you have a technical problem with your computer or service......Then.. we have Marco!!  :ymparty: :ymapplause:

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:

Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Just a heads-up:

Tonight (that would be Tuesday, April 27th) at around 11:00 I will be doing some maintenance on the site.  Most likely you won't notice anything out of the ordinary but should the site seem sluggish around that time it's me.  I have to move some stuff around on the site so I can unleash some new updates (which will be wicked cool).

It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes or so for the maintenance to complete.

Thank you everyone!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delilah
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Post by Delilah »

Thank you, marco, for the wicked cool.  B-) 

Charter member of The Mountaineer Nation.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Tito »

DISCLAIMER-WARNING: