Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Rules and Regs for TMN
roopoo
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Post by roopoo »

[quote=""thEEoRy""]test post.[/quote]

I give it a B- or a C...It's a sentence fragment and you didn't capitalize. You did use correct punctuation though.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Post by Kevin »

Update:
1) Uh, in case no one noticed, there is a new layout and color scheme. Props to pyro for the awesome banner.
2) Any urls included in posts will open in a new window. This is effective from this point forward; existing posts with urls will still open in the same window until I get the chance to switch them over.
3) Trading post is ready to go. There are two sections: tickets and merchandise. Please make sure anything you post is WVU related. Anything that is deemed ineligible will be removed. If you would like this expanded to include more categories let us know.
4) I have added a clipshack tag to the posting interface. Please use it when embedding any clips from that site. All that you need to do is include the key between the tags. If anyone would like other embedding functionality please let me know.

Left to do:
1) Countdown to Kickoff: I will have it on the site in the next day or so.
2) Spell Checker: I am still evaluating spell checkers for the site.
3) Article Section: This too will be done in short order.

If anyone experiences any problems, please let us know asap. Thank you for being a part of the Nation!

Marco
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
DT
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DT »

Great job!!!
When you lose to Kansas, you lose your job!!!
WVUgirl67
1st String
1st String

Post by WVUgirl67 »

spel chek--goode. Hoocked on fonics wurkt fore me
EERCrazy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by EERCrazy »

Hey I'm having a bit of a connectivity problem....for some reason it takes me several attempts on firefox to log in to the site, it keeps saying "the connection was reset while attempting to log in" I know it's not my internet service because this is the only website I've had this trouble with...is it because of maintenance you guys have been doing or is there a communication problem between my browser with the site that requires a patch or something? I've only noticed this the last 3 days...
Make all the jokes you want about dirt roads, poor education and bad teeth, but WVU pulled the rug from under everybody and got what it wanted now and that was out of the Big Least immediately.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I'll take a look at it EERCrazy.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

EERCrazy, what version of Firefox are you using? There seems to be an issue with v3 after an update.

In the meantime, you might want to check this out:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_websites

There might be something in there that narrows down the issue. If you have IE installed you might see if it does the same thing; that could narrow down the issue as well.

I'll keep checking on it.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

We have some new functionality tonight - the Articles section is online. Currently the Articles section contains a real-time feed from msnsportsnet providing news about all WVU sports. These articles will automatically update whenever a new one is placed out on msnsportsnet, so check back often for the latest new and information concerning all WVU sports.

The second part of the articles section (which isn't available yet) is the member's articles section. This is where you, the citizens of TMN, can submit your own write-up to be posted on the site. More information about this section will be coming shortly.

As always, please let us know if you have questions, comments, suggestions or problems. It is an honor and a pleasure to make TMN the best site possible and I thank you for spending time on TMN.

Upcoming functionality:
1) A new TMN exclusive emoticon. There were a couple really good suggestions for emoticons today; keep them coming.
2) A quick reply window at the bottom of each page. You asked for it; we'll give it to you.
WVUgirl67
1st String
1st String

Post by WVUgirl67 »

How about a p*tt still sucks smilie? Only, can it not be the R rated vesion--maybe tone it down to a p-13? Have no idea how to do it, but it would be cool.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

New smileys are here!! Most are drinking/party smileys but there are two of note. Type the code without spaces to get the emoticon to work.

: jack : :phelps: - In honor of our favorite swimmer.
DT
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DT »

I see the Nation's clock has not sprung forward. Was this to boycott the time changes or just an Admin. oversight :-w ... :p
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

do we have a poll option?
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Nicole
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Nicole »

[quote=""Pabst""]I see the Nation's clock has not sprung forward. Was this to boycott the time changes or just an Admin. oversight :-w ... :p[/quote]

Go to User Control Panel at the top. Then, on the left hand side click Board Preferences. Select 'Yes' for Summer Time/DST
is in effect.
DT
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DT »

[quote=""Duqgirl""][quote=""Pabst""]I see the Nation's clock has not sprung forward. Was this to boycott the time changes or just an Admin. oversight :-w ... :p[/quote]

Go to User Control Panel at the top. Then, on the left hand side click Board Preferences. Select 'Yes' for Summer Time/DST
is in effect.[/quote]
LOL, I meant the overall site. If you are not logged in then the sites clock is not updated. I have updated my settings but the site itself has not.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Thanks for the heads-up Pabst. DST is turned off by default. I just turned it on so the times should change shortly.