MVP
MVP

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Post by Haydesc »

:)) Well done, Tito.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Post by Tito »

Kevin, Are you still working on the "delete post" option? It seems to be available on a hit or miss basis... sometimes even disappearing once it was up. (awaiting JimBeam :rimshot: :paranoid: )
Also, I hope it is still not time sensitive.

I can't get a picture to appear in my signature. Has something changed or is still under construction?
___________________________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image
___________________________________________________________________________________

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
rabbitraines

Post by rabbitraines »

Hey Kevin,
Ryan sent me this link so I could contact you. I have been a member for awhile, I usually don't post alot of messages because I just want to see what is new.. Anyway, I was out of touch for a couple of weeks and now when I login the site looks totally different and I get kicked out and have to re-login. I was just wondering if I was doing something wrong?
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Post by Kevin »

rabbitraines wrote:Hey Kevin,
Ryan sent me this link so I could contact you. I have been a member for awhile, I usually don't post alot of messages because I just want to see what is new.. Anyway, I was out of touch for a couple of weeks and now when I login the site looks totally different and I get kicked out and have to re-login. I was just wondering if I was doing something wrong?
The site got redesigned. You can go back and read the last 10 pages of this thread for an update. In the process we shut the site down to guests so you have to be a member and logged in to see the forums. If you choose the option to "keep me logged in" on the login screen you should only have to enter your username/password once.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I'm going to be doing some maintenance tonight and tomorrow night. There shouldn't be any downtime although I will probably put the site in read-only mode for about 5 minutes tomorrow. The purpose is to fix some performance issues and prepare for Phase 2.

Phase 2 includes:
New Home Page
Twitter Feed
Countdown Clock
and a couple additional things. If anyone has something on their wishlist let me know and I'll determine if it is doable.

Thanks.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Tito »

After double posting a PM message because the first didn't appear to go through...am I assuming correctly that you cannot read your own sent message until it has been opened by the recipient or...does it just not show up in your own PM sent message archive immediatly?

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Probably a problem with the hosting server we're on Tito. I've upgraded to a new server and am in the process of moving everything over to it, hence the reason for the downtime.

We'll go down sometime around 9:00 for about 5 minutes. The site should stay up for viewing but not posting.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

One more night of work and we'll be on the new server. Probably going to be downtime for a couple minutes tonight around 9. I'll take a look at site traffic and if it isn't too busy I might adjust the time.
Thanks folks.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Putting the site in read-only for about 10 minutes around midnight. You can read but you can't post. I'll post when everything is back up.
EERCrazy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by EERCrazy »

Can we bring back the quick reply at the bottom of the screen?
Make all the jokes you want about dirt roads, poor education and bad teeth, but WVU pulled the rug from under everybody and got what it wanted now and that was out of the Big Least immediately.
Haydesc
MVP
MVP

Post by Haydesc »

EERCrazy wrote:Can we bring back the quick reply at the bottom of the screen?
It is on my screen. I am using Chrome. It may be a browser thing.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I'm moving users around into different groups and some might have the quick reply, some might not. I'll make sure you've been moved already EERC. I know Haydesc has. If you have then it is either a browser issue or you need to refresh your cache.
Aphetto
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aphetto »

Kevin wrote:I'm moving users around into different groups and some might have the quick reply, some might not. I'll make sure you've been moved already EERC. I know Haydesc has. If you have then it is either a browser issue or you need to refresh your cache.
Regarding the quick reply box, is there a way to always have the box open and not have to click quick reply?
Big 12.  Big East.  Same stink, different pile of crap.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Aphetto wrote:
Kevin wrote:I'm moving users around into different groups and some might have the quick reply, some might not. I'll make sure you've been moved already EERC. I know Haydesc has. If you have then it is either a browser issue or you need to refresh your cache.
Regarding the quick reply box, is there a way to always have the box open and not have to click quick reply?
Good question. I'll look at it this weekend. I'd also like all the emoticons to be available in quick reply.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Tito »

Kevin, Everything looks great but are you still going to do something to visually enhance quotes on posts? At least for me they are pretty difficult to quickly differentiate from the new post. Maybe shading the quote box background, bolder outline boxes or a different color or font type?? Thanks.

DISCLAIMER-WARNING: