Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Rules and Regs for TMN
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Post by Kevin »

Ok folks, this weekend is going to be a busy one for TMN. Top on the to-do list is installing a chat room. Does anyone have any features they would like to see in chat? Let me know.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

No requests or wish lists for chat?
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

I was thinking about it, but I have nothing. It's probably because I don't use it enough.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

DAE wrote:I was thinking about it, but I have nothing. It's probably because I don't use it enough.
Fair enough. I'm going to install it this weekend and we can modify and improve it as we move forward. My goal is to continually add new features to TMN and keep it up to date.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Post by Tito »

Was getting a kick out of the new "Word-Trigger" links. Don't think I'll ever "tire" of them. Was learning some new synonyms too!
Just got a great deal on a new set of tires rubber vehicle wheel wrappers!! :rock:
___________________________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image
___________________________________________________________________________________

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

That would be something installed on your PC Tito because I haven't installed anything on the live site.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Tito »

Kevin wrote:That would be something installed on your PC Tito because I haven't installed anything on the live site.
Thanks Kevin. It just started... happens to me on other sites too. For instance when the word tire appears it's in blue, a click on it opens a link to a menu for tire sales. The word play in Ryan's post same deal, a click sends me to credit report websites. Gotta figure this shitt out. Goin' after #2 son, who's been sitting here at command central, with a ball bat!! :)) :((

EDIT: Something called "Coupon Companion" plugged into my PC from somewhere. I think #2 son was able to remove it. Thanks.

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

We've had people calling our office the last couple weeks about Coupon Companion, blaming our website. It is hidden inside another installer and installs without the user's knowledge. Anyway, ComboFix will usually fix any problems you have. If the link below doesn't work Google "ComboFix" and download it from Bleeping Computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/downloa ... fix/dl/12/

Hands down the best PC cleaner I've found. It fixes 95% of the stuff people bring me.

Edit: If you live in the Parkersburg area ComboFix WILL NOT WORK. You must PM me and bring me the PC to fix. It is a flat fee of $40. :paranoid:
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

I'm a user of Combofix (Thanks Kevin) and I endorse this message
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Sorry for the downtime. We had a catastrophic system failure. We should be good.

On a side note, I'm moving the site to a new server later this week. Details to follow.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Tito »

Tito wrote:
Kevin wrote:That would be something installed on your PC Tito because I haven't installed anything on the live site.
Thanks Kevin. It just started... happens to me on other sites too. For instance when the word tire appears it's in blue, a click on it opens a link to a menu for tire sales. The word play in Ryan's post same deal, a click sends me to credit report websites. Gotta figure this shitt out. Goin' after #2 son, who's been sitting here at command central, with a ball bat!! :)) :((

EDIT: Something called "Coupon Companion" plugged into my PC from somewhere. I think #2 son was able to remove it. Thanks.
Kevin wrote:We've had people calling our office the last couple weeks about Coupon Companion, blaming our website. It is hidden inside another installer and installs without the user's knowledge. Anyway, ComboFix will usually fix any problems you have. If the link below doesn't work Google "ComboFix" and download it from Bleeping Computer.
Everything seems Hunky-Dorey now. For a while there I thought I was infected with the ads virus.. #:-s

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:

Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I'll be moving the site to the new server tonight at midnight. Downtime should be less than 10 minutes.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

The site is now on the new server. I'll be moving the database to the new server either tomorrow or Friday night. Downtime should be less than 10 minutes.
EERCrazy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by EERCrazy »

Every time I get a PM I get an email, can you turn this off?
Make all the jokes you want about dirt roads, poor education and bad teeth, but WVU pulled the rug from under everybody and got what it wanted now and that was out of the Big Least immediately.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

User Control Panel -> Board Preferences -> Notify me of new private messages.