Post by Luke »

a/s/l?
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Post by Aaron »

36,sure,you name it sugar
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Post by Tito »

Am I allowed to change my screen name back to... Image ?
___________________________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image
___________________________________________________________________________________

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Post by Kevin »

Tito wrote:Am I allowed to change my screen name back to... Image ?
No, but if you want your screen name changed I'll gladly come up with a name for you. :evil: :))
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

On a side note, I'm adding a backup server to our setup this week. Probably won't incur any downtime. During the move I'm going to add some new things to keep you entertained, because we're all about keeping you guys entertained.

The TMN Top-25 will also make its debut this week. That will probably be good for some discussion.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
EERCrazy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by EERCrazy »

Kevin wrote:For those that can't make the game and want to discuss it in real time, chat will be available in a couple hours.

:paranoid:
Make all the jokes you want about dirt roads, poor education and bad teeth, but WVU pulled the rug from under everybody and got what it wanted now and that was out of the Big Least immediately.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

EERCrazy wrote:
Kevin wrote:For those that can't make the game and want to discuss it in real time, chat will be available in a couple hours.

Yeah...that's the primary reason for the work this week. Chat just refuses to install so now I'm using the scorched earth policy to install it.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Post by Tito »

Kevin wrote:
EERCrazy wrote:

Yeah...that's the primary reason for the work this week. Chat just refuses to install so now I'm using the scorched earth policy to install it.
Chat will undoubtedly lure that damn Pyro back like deer estrogen on a pair of muck boots.... :(

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

Kevin I have a really dumb question and it doesn't have anything to do with the site but........my laptop will not keep the current time. It changes to about 10 minutes slower every time I try to change it. The timezone is correct, the time is right in my BIOS, I don't understand how a brand new laptop can't even keep the correct time.
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

spd wrote:Kevin I have a really dumb question and it doesn't have anything to do with the site but........my laptop will not keep the current time. It changes to about 10 minutes slower every time I try to change it. The timezone is correct, the time is right in my BIOS, I don't understand how a brand new laptop can't even keep the correct time.
Windows 7?
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

yes
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

spd wrote:yes
I'd check to make sure you're hitting a time server.

1. Open Date and Time by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock.
2. Click the Internet Time tab, and then click Change settings.
3. Select the check box next to Synchronize with an Internet time server, select a time server, and then click OK.

You can use time.windows.com but I like to use time-a.nist.gov, which is in Gaithersburg MD.

You can be hitting a time server but not often enough to keep your time in check. Here's a document that shows you how to hit a time server daily. That should fix any issues.

http://www.pretentiousname.com/timesync/index.html

It is unusual (but not unheard of) that your CMOS battery needs replacing, although I think if it was bad your BIOS time would be off.
Steve
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Post by Steve »

Kevin

Is TMNmobile.com not functioning, or is it something I'm doing/not doing? I can access the full site, but not mobile.:
Common sense is not such a common thing..........
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Steve wrote:Kevin

Is TMNmobile.com not functioning, or is it something I'm doing/not doing? I can access the full site, but not mobile.:
TMNMobile is in the process of being moved. On top of that, the previous configuration was logging people out frequently so that needed fixed. I'll post when it is back up but fixing mobile is part of the upgrade this week.
Stormineer
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormineer »

I can't see the quote button when using my phone.
Things are more like they are now than they ever were before. (Dwight D Eisenhower)