Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Rules and Regs for TMN
tubex
2nd String
2nd String

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Post by tubex »

Thanks.

I think I entered a URL from photobucket. A pic of superwoman. Not sure about sizing, this is all new to me, I'd be glad to read up on it if you can point me in the right direction. I tried the help, but it didn't really help.
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

is it the one in body paint?
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Post by Kevin »

tubex wrote:Thanks.

I think I entered a URL from photobucket. A pic of superwoman. Not sure about sizing, this is all new to me, I'd be glad to read up on it if you can point me in the right direction. I tried the help, but it didn't really help.
Hey tubex,

It should be automatic - once you upload an avatar it is available. Avatars should be no more than 125x125 and smaller than a specific file size. If you can PM me a link to the image I'll get it added to your profile.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
tubex
2nd String
2nd String

Post by tubex »

Kevin wrote:
tubex wrote:Thanks.

Hey tubex,

It should be automatic - once you upload an avatar it is available. Avatars should be no more than 125x125 and smaller than a specific file size. If you can PM me a link to the image I'll get it added to your profile.

Thanks Kevin.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I just wanted to apologize for the downtime this afternoon. The east coast datacenter our server sits in lost all connectivity. It should be back up but we might see a hiccup while they continue to work on it.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

GolfEER wrote:Question - I have went mobile on my phone and am playing with it on my computer also, as I am doing other stuff on computer causes this site visuals to load very painfully.

Is there a way to possibly doctor up the mobile site instead of being white, gray, blue. It looks like google mail from 2004.

If its a pain in the ass avoid request.
The short answer is yes...eventually.

The longer answer is I'm going to be rolling the TMN mobile app for Android and IPhone sometime next month and want it rolled out before I work on mobile.

The even more in-depth answer is I'm moving the site to a new platform that comes with a truckload of new features and the app will be included in it.
Teameers
Redshirt
Redshirt

Post by Teameers »

Anybody elese having trouble seeing the twitter feed?
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

yep
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Teameers wrote:Anybody elese having trouble seeing the twitter feed?
Nothing has changed on the site so my guess is Twitter did an undocumented upgrade to their API. I'll check into it.
WVUgirl2003
MVP
MVP

Post by WVUgirl2003 »

Dumb question. Where the heck is my inbox? Like, when I get a new message there's a super big bold "new message" thing at the top of the main screen.
I meant to reply but didn't while I was in there... now, I've come back and wanted to write back and I can't find the dang inbox.
WVU Mountaineers: 1922 Football National Champs & 1942 Basketball National Champs. Just as legitimate- never proclaimed; until NOW!
Nicole
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Nicole »

Try clicking "0 new messages" at the top of the page. That should take you to your inbox.
WVUgirl2003
MVP
MVP

Post by WVUgirl2003 »

AHA~ Thanks Nicole! I don't know how I missed that! Long week I guess...
WVU Mountaineers: 1922 Football National Champs & 1942 Basketball National Champs. Just as legitimate- never proclaimed; until NOW!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Hey folks, I just got an email from our datacenter that they are going to be performing maintenance tonight at midnight for 20 minutes. If we're down during that time just hang tight and they'll have everything back up by 12:20.

Thanks.

Oh, Twitter changed their API...again. The Twitter feed should be back online this weekend.
wvuchip
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Post by wvuchip »

wvuchip wrote:This is a minor thing but is there any way to update the favicon to something more WVU/WV related? I don't know if the flying WV would be an issue but maybe the state outline? I just use the favicon as a bookmark on my bookmarks bar to save space, and the current one (two horizontal red lines) always makes me have to think about it for a second to remember what it is. B-)
Shameless bump? :)
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

What's up with the search engine? Every time I search for something that I know was a topic of discussion at some point, it seems to give me only a handful of results, none of which was what I was looking for. There was something in particular last month that I searched that failed to come up in the search engine, but I was able to find on my own by going back through page after page of a long thread.