Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Rules and Regs for TMN

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Postby Kevin » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:18 pm

adub23333 wrote:When I go into the cool videos thread,it is all blank for me.also,I noticed that when I'm on full style,it wants to kick me back to mobile style often.kind of weird.

The site detects what type of device you're on and will default you back to it whenever it does a check so it kicking you back makes sense. I'm not sure if your issues are Fire related but I'll do some research. The site works fine on all my devices and I haven't heard of any other issues.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Postby PartyEER » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:16 pm

kindle fires don't support flash so that's why you cant watch videos on here but if the youtube link is posted you can click on that and go to the site and watch the video from there
PartyEER
Redshirt
Redshirt

Postby Adam » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:45 pm

Ah ok....makes sense.thanks!
"Weeping may endure for a night,but joy comes in the morning."(psalms 30:5)

Adam
MVP
MVP

Postby Clark » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:14 pm

Is there a reason the Former players subform doesn't show up in tapatalk at all? I even tried the participated sort and it ignores my post
Clark
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:23 pm

Clark wrote:Is there a reason the Former players subform doesn't show up in tapatalk at all? I even tried the participated sort and it ignores my post

I'll take a look at it Jaime. That's the first I've heard of it so thanks for the heads-up.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wvuchip » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:08 pm

I switched from Chrome to Firefox recently as I finally got sick of Chrome's almost religious adherence to the apparent mindset that memory leaks are perfectly fine...

Anyway, Firefox has problems keeping me signed in. I almost always have to sign in again. I check the keep me logged in box and I've made sure that it's not denying cookies from this site but still no luck. Probably a longshot but any ideas?
wvuchip
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Postby Aaron » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:28 pm

See if your browser deletes cookies on exit in your internet options
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby wvuchip » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:52 pm

It not even after I exit the browser, it's literally after I navigate anywhere else.

There was a set of blank TMN cookies that got set somehow and may have been confusing things. I deleted them and it's worked fine so far, so fingers crossed.
wvuchip
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Postby Tito » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:35 am

Does anyone else have times (only occasionally) when the right click won't work when copying and/or pasting in a reply? It's like that function is frozen. It eventually works a lot later but I can't determine what, if anything, reactivates it. Once closing out the site and re-opening a fresh screen worked, but not always it seems. It only happens with me on TMN.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DISCLAIMER-WARNING: Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Lee » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:04 pm

Tito wrote:.
Does anyone else have times (only occasionally) when the right click won't work when copying and/or pasting in a reply? It's like that function is frozen. It eventually works a lot later but I can't determine what, if anything, reactivates it. Once closing out the site and re-opening a fresh screen worked, but not always it seems. It only happens with me on TMN.

Not me. I figure it must be the new "mess with Tito's head" subroutine Kevin added to the software.
The Old Grad formerly known as wvu1980ae.
Lee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Tito » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:41 pm

Tito wrote:.

Lee wrote:Not me. I figure it must be the new "mess with Tito's head" subroutine Kevin added to the software.

I suspected long ago that the TMN hierarchy commissioned a secret independent board of censors and has my "images" on a timed delay until it goes by that censorship panel

DISCLAIMER-WARNING: Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest.

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Phantom Phoenix » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:27 pm

Anyone else experience downtime with the site this morning? There was a period for about an hour where I couldn't access TMN. It appears to be resolved now, but thought I'd mention it.
Phantom Phoenix
2nd String
2nd String

Postby Kevin » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:52 pm

The host was having network issues. I couldn't even log a ticket because their own site was down. I've requested an explanation as to why they were down but don't expect much.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kevin » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:49 am

I am planning on doing a significant upgrade tonight around 11:00. This upgrade is the first step of the site redesign I have planned to be done before football season. The site shouldn't be down during the upgrade but will likely be in a read-only state for about 5 minutes. I'll keep everyone posted when the upgrade is complete.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kevin » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:14 am

We're updated and on the newest version of the board software. Please let me know if there is any unusual weirdness. Well, more than normal. Thanks!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to themountaineernation.com Rules and Information