Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Rules and Regs for TMN

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Postby wvDaxx » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:23 pm

Thanks Kevin! Working fine on my end now.
"Our Lady of Victory" - The patron Saint of West Virginia.
wvDaxx
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:43 pm

I'll be doing a ton of maintenance/upgrades over the next couple of weeks on the site. There will be several brief periods of downtime that will be announced well in advance of when they happen. The longest period of downtime will be about 15 minutes and will happen on a weekday around midnight. I'll keep you all posted as we go along.

Thanks folks!
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Postby Kevin » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:16 pm

I'm going to be doing step one of maintenance tonight around 1:00am. The site might be down for 5 minutes.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby 5thfoot » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:02 am

Kevin, I want to add another image to my signature line. I never wanna remove Luck. i'd really like to add a B12 WV image.
5thfoot
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:16 pm

More work going on tonight around 10:30. If the site logs you out just log back in and you should be okay. This is the next-to-last maintenance step.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kevin » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:11 pm

Maintenance tomorrow night starting around 11:30. The site should only be down (not accessible) for about 5 minutes and it will be up but sluggish for another 30 minutes. After that the new features will be rolled out.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kevin » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:38 pm

Just a reminder that the site will be down shortly at 11:30 tonight. It might require you to log back in once done. This is a fairly substantial upgrade so if you have any issues please let me know.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lee » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:33 pm

Kevin wrote:Just a reminder that the site will be down shortly at 11:30 tonight. It might require you to log back in once done. This is a fairly substantial upgrade so if you have any issues please let me know.

Ruh-roh! Before I retired, at work "fairly substantial upgrade" was IT-speak for "the end of the world as you know it." I'm sure you're better than that... :paranoid:
The Old Grad formerly known as wvu1980ae.
Lee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:43 pm

Ok, we should be done. If you see anything unexpected on the site please let me know.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lee » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:54 am

Kevin wrote:Ok, we should be done. If you see anything unexpected on the site please let me know.

I see a perfectly normally operating site, which in my previous work context would be highly unexpected. :ymapplause:
Lee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:33 pm

Our hosting provider will be doing maintenance until midnight Tuesday night/ Wednesday morning. We'll have brief periods of downtime. In the meantime I made a couple small configuration changes that should be the end of our server/database upgrade. Please let me know if you see anything unusual with the site. Well, more unusual than is typical.

I expect the site to be considerably faster now.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lee » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:09 am

Kevin wrote:Our hosting provider will be doing maintenance until midnight Tuesday night/ Wednesday morning. We'll have brief periods of downtime. In the meantime I made a couple small configuration changes that should be the end of our server/database upgrade. Please let me know if you see anything unusual with the site. Well, more unusual than is typical.

I expect the site to be considerably faster now.

It's remarkably faster! Thanks!
Lee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Adam » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:09 pm

Anyone know why pics and videos won't load on here for me when someone posts them?I'm now having to use a kindle fire since I broke my laptop.I've tried full version and mobile,but it won't work.It worked last week or the week before when I went to full style,but not now.
"Weeping may endure for a night,but joy comes in the morning."(psalms 30:5)

Adam
MVP
MVP

Postby Kevin » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:11 pm

adub23333 wrote:Anyone know why pics and videos won't load on here for me when someone posts them?I'm now having to use a kindle fire since I broke my laptop.I've tried full version and mobile,but it won't work.It worked last week or the week before when I went to full style,but not now.

Can you give me a specific post with a broken video and/or picture? Also, can you download the Tapatalk app on the Fire? If you can I'd give it a try.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Adam » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:14 pm

When I go into the cool videos thread,it is all blank for me.also,I noticed that when I'm on full style,it wants to kick me back to mobile style often.kind of weird.
"Weeping may endure for a night,but joy comes in the morning."(psalms 30:5)

Adam
MVP
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to themountaineernation.com Rules and Information