Postby Luke » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:10 am

Ryan usually, myself occasionally.
Luke
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Postby Tito » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:19 am

Thanks Luke.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DISCLAIMER-WARNING: Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby EERCrazy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:30 am

Thinking ahead guys... We used to get so much 'guest' traffic on signing day... Have u guys streamlined the siign up process?
ImageImage
[size=140]Make all the jokes you want about dirt roads, poor education and bad teeth, but WVU pulled the rug from under everybody and got what it wanted now and that was out of the Big Least immediately.
EERCrazy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Ryan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:52 pm

EERCrazy wrote:Thinking ahead guys... We used to get so much 'guest' traffic on signing day... Have u guys streamlined the siign up process?

I guess someone hasn't noticed the approximately 300 new members we've gotten over the past several months since we eliminated the guest traffic. :evil:
Ryan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lee » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:32 pm

Ryan wrote:
EERCrazy wrote:Thinking ahead guys... We used to get so much 'guest' traffic on signing day... Have u guys streamlined the siign up process?

I guess someone hasn't noticed the approximately 300 new members we've gotten over the past several months since we eliminated the guest traffic. :evil:

Heckuva revenue stream.

Oh, wait...
The Old Grad formerly known as wvu1980ae.
Lee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:34 pm

The NCAA always trying to keep a brother down. Fortunately there is a grand plan. Step 1 - update TMN. Done.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Postby Tito » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:01 pm

Ryan wrote:

60 new members-past three months (Since Oct 17)-32 total posts.
That's what I'm talkin' about..a sedate, respectful audience who just endures my junk and keeps their mouths shut! Image :thumbsup:

Last edited by Tito on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DISCLAIMER-WARNING: Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest.

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:00 pm

I went looking for P*tt grads with Ph.Ds to test our new registration process. I found 10 at Thee Doll House in Ft. Lauderdale. Once they were done with their shifts I sat them down and asked them to register for TMN. 4 of the 10 were able to register without any issues so I'd say it is streamlined and extremely easy to use.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tito » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:24 pm

Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:12 pm

I'm going to be doing some work this afternoon on the site, moving the "Who is Chatting" from the bottom of the page to the left hand column, replacing the clock. The site might be a little wiggy while I'm moving it.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Clark » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:49 pm

Are we seriously going to have the twitter feed following "the dude"?

:sigh:
Clark
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:11 pm

Here's the plan for the site and the BP moving forward for those that are interested:

The BP is going to remain at http://thebullypulpit.us. There will be a widget on the front page of TMN that shows you the latest posts so you can click through and read them if you wish (your username and password will be the same for both sites). The BP will get a facelift and reskinned to differentiate itself from TMN. The goal is to attract a more diverse group of people to the BP instead of just WVU fans. We will also be selling some advertising space on the BP to help offset costs for servers, which have skyrocketed as we've grown (a good problem to have but still expensive).

So from a TMN perspective the BP will still be there, will still be functioning and won't be any more difficult to access than it was before. Since National LOI day is done I will be working on it as well as writing a new chat program for both TMN and the BP.

I'm open to comments and suggestions if you have any.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kevin » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:23 pm

I'm going to be doing some database work tonight on the BP. If anyone tries to access it they'll be redirected to TMN. Once database work is done I'll disable the redirect. This is the first step in the grand plan set forth in my previous post.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Haydesc » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:33 pm

Kevin wrote:I'm going to be doing some database work tonight on the BP. If anyone tries to access it they'll be redirected to TMN. Once database work is done I'll disable the redirect. This is the first step in the grand plan set forth in my previous post.

Good timing. spd and I just agreed in the Gun Control thread. It will be good to allow us to bask in that Kumbaya moment a little longer. :)
Haydesc
MVP
MVP

Postby Aaron » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:20 pm

:))
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to themountaineernation.com Rules and Information