Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Rules and Regs for TMN
EERCrazy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Post by EERCrazy »

Any hope of ever seeing chat again..... I really do miss it....
Make all the jokes you want about dirt roads, poor education and bad teeth, but WVU pulled the rug from under everybody and got what it wanted now and that was out of the Big Least immediately.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Post by Kevin »

EERCrazy wrote:Any hope of ever seeing chat again..... I really do miss it....
Yep. I have a ton of added features for the site but just haven't had enough free time to sit down and integrate them all. Hopefully things will cool off because of the holidays and I can get them rolled out.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I'm moving some data this morning so the site is going to be pretty sluggish for about 15 minutes or so starting...now.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

The BP will be back tomorrow. I'll post details here when it is available.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Site will be sluggish for the next hour. It shouldn't go down though. I'm loading data into the BP and removing it from TMN so both sites will see performance improvements.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

If you aren't automatically logged in then just log in using your username and password for TMN. Give it a whirl and let me know if there are any FUNCTIONALITY issues. Don't post about how it looks; I'm not done with it.

I'll have more information about it in a little while.

EDIT: Found an issue with the site. Give me some time and I'll repost the link and the rules.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Ok, let's try it again. Keep in mind it isn't pretty (I'll get to that) and you'll probably have to log in the first time.

http://thebullypulpit.us

The new BP is going to be completely unmoderated. Fire at will.
Lee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Lee »

Re the discussion on the Newtown shooting thread about the amount of non-WVU-sports content on the site: I don't mind that we have forums like The Front Porch where we can post about things other than sports, and actually enjoy much of what's posted there. I agree completely with spd that if members aren't interested in a topic, they should just not read that thread.

However, a functionality that I'd like to have if it's technically possible and not too much trouble for Kevin (who already goes to LOTS of trouble for our enjoyment) would be the ability to block notifications of new posts on a thread-by-thread basis. The "mark forums read" feature is helpful, but still requires a lot of repeated re-visits just to turn off the yellow-text "new post" notifier on a thread one doesn't care about.

Would such a capability be possible without a lot of work by our grossly underpaid and often under-appreciated admins?
Last edited by Lee on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Old Grad formerly known as wvu1980ae.
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

and is spel czech possable?
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

and as Lee stated, we appreciate all of the hard work you guys and gal do. I'm good with any thing you guys decide.
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

I have a compromise that might be beneficial for everyone regarding the BP. Maybe you were even already planning this Kevin. I don't know. But I recall being on another fan site (one of our Big XII brothers maybe; who knows) and they, too, had a subforum for political topics. The way they handled it was also leaving it unmoderated. However, I think upon clicking it, you're taken to a disclaimer page that warns of its lack of moderation. Maybe you can leave it on a separate site, link it on the main board, and simply provide a disclaimer page with agree/disagree buttons before any redirecting to the site? I could've just dreamed all of this too, but I still think it's a good idea. In fact, for fun, the motto could even be: "Because every fan site has a dark side." Problem solved.
Luke
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Luke »

Ya'll do realize it's up right now, right?

http://thebullypulpit.us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DAE
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by DAE »

Yeah. I can't quite put a finger on the recent comments I've read in the Newtown thread and thought maybe it has to do with its relation to the main board.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Here's the deal - I'm going to shut the BP back down and reintegrate it into the site. Once that is done I will tell you were TMN is headed. BP will go down sometime tonight and will come back when it is ready.

I would ask that you refrain from posting anything BP related on other threads. If you're unable to do this I will punch your ticket for a TMN vacation.

I can't tell you how disappointed I was in the "I know this isn't the BP but..." threads that popped up while the BP was down before. I view that as nothing but disrespectful.
Luke
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Luke »

(i hope)