Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Rules and Regs for TMN
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Post by Tito »

Kevin wrote:What do you guys think about me making some huge changes to the site and make it super cool? By huge changes I mean completely rewrite it.

It'll require about two hours of downtime late Saturday night/Sunday morning...
Hour, hour and a half tops and I'm in.
___________________________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image
___________________________________________________________________________________

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Post by Kevin »

Tito wrote:
Kevin wrote:What do you guys think about me making some huge changes to the site and make it super cool? By huge changes I mean completely rewrite it.

I might be able to do the conversion in 90 minutes. My test runs are 98 minutes on the (slower) backup server.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Tito »

Kevin wrote:
Tito wrote:

I might be able to do the conversion in 90 minutes. My test runs are 98 minutes on the (slower) backup server.
Ummm Ok, Chumley, go and write him up...

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
JimBeamNeverMissedAGame
MVP
MVP

Post by JimBeamNeverMissedAGame »

Go for it...my main source of entertainment in life anymore is right here. Sad, I know...100% dutiful mother to our 3 teenage daughters has left me with an empty life aside from 50+ hours/ week in the orafice, I mean office.

...and, if you would, add an 'E Z Bake Oven' way for me to change my avitar like I use to be able to! I'm no good with this latest system! Dementia runs in the family...more than halfway serious in that comment, too.

No wonder I'm bat-shit crazy w/ a side of slaw.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

JimBeamNeverMissedAGame wrote:Go for it...my main source of entertainment in life anymore is right here. Sad, I know...100% dutiful mother to our 3 teenage daughters has left me with an empty life aside from 50+ hours/ week in the orafice, I mean office.

...and, if you would, add an 'E Z Bake Oven' way for me to change my avitar like I use to be able to! I'm no good with this latest system! Dementia runs in the family...more than halfway serious in that comment, too.

No wonder I'm bat-shit crazy w/ a side of slaw.
I think you're going to like the new board. It is completely new premium software (not the current free software) with a bunch of neat features. And changing your avatar is easy too.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Tito »

Well I think JB will back me up on this but I really miss being able to put text with my avatar. Some of those people on here need simple explanations pointing out the nuances of my av-pics that sadly they are too obtuse to decipher without help..

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:

JimBeamNeverMissedAGame
MVP
MVP

:paranoid:
Last edited by JimBeamNeverMissedAGame on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimBeamNeverMissedAGame
MVP
MVP

Tito wrote:Well I think JB will back me up on this but I really miss being able to put text with my avatar. Some of those people on here need simple explanations pointing out the nuances of my av-pics that sadly they are too obtuse to decipher without help..
Back, back, back, back, back! :D

Can't wait...

Exactamundo! No country for old men...there will be blood! Take yer pick...

:paranoid:
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

The site won't be completely down tonight. I'm going to be able to make most of the changes I need to with only a momentary blip in service, so I'm keeping the site running. I am planning on converting the database tonight and finishing the stylizing tomorrow evening, once again with minimal downtime.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I'm switching our server from the one in New York to the one in Miami because of the weather. If you lose connection just refresh and you should be ok.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

I'm going to bring the BP offline sometime today in order to move it to its own little section of the site. It should take a couple days to bring it back online, at which time I will make sure everyone knows how to access it.
Scott
2nd String
2nd String

Post by Scott »

Hey Kev..What ever happened to the Pictures section ?
http://www.soundclick.com/SEZKeepDaChangeRecordsINC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.reverbnation.com/sez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

The gallery will make its return. The BP should be back in some form the first of the week.
drank12quart
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Post by drank12quart »

This thread will have to do until the BP is back.

OBAMA HATES POLYGAMISTS AND EAR WAXXXXXXX
drank12quart
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

Post by drank12quart »

This country need more lawyers so injustices like this can be remedied.

The family of Delvonte Tisdale has sued the city of Charlotte, its airport and US Airways, claiming their negligence caused the teen to plummet from the wheel well of a Boeing 737 to his death in a Boston suburb in 2010.

The lawsuit, filed in Mecklenburg Superior court last week, says the defendants should have done more to prevent Tisdale from getting onto the airport’s tarmac and into the wheel well of the plane. It seeks damages in excess of $10,000.

In a statement, City Attorney Bob Hagemann responded: “The City remains saddened by the death of Delvonte Tisdale and wishes to express sympathy for his family. However, I don’t see how the City or the Airport could or should be held legally liable for Mr. Tisdale’s decisions and actions.”
Tisdale ran away from home sometime on Nov. 14, 2010. A day later, his body was found in a Boston suburb so badly damaged that an autopsy couldn’t determine the cause of death. A scribbled hall pass with Tisdale’s name on it provided investigators their only clue.

Authorities determined the North Mecklenburg High School sophomore had sneaked onto the tarmac of Charlotte-Douglas International Airport and climbed into the wheel well of US Airways Flight 1176, bound for Boston.

The security breach raised questions about the airport’s security. If a 16-year-old who had never flown before could evade the airport’s security measures, why not a terrorist?

Shortly after the Tisdale incident, the airport was further embarrassed by two break-ins reported over three days.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department conducted a review of security, and, in April, a heavily redacted report said the airport’s police force is inadequate to properly monitor the nation’s 11th-busiest airport.

Shortly after the report was released, an attorney for the Tisdales hinted the family might sue. Christopher Chestnut, an attorney representing Tisdale’s parents when the report was released, said it didn’t provide the answers they want about how their son died.

He added that it appeared the family wouldn’t get answers unless it filed a lawsuit.
The airport told the Observer that it has already implemented some of the security recommendations noted in CMPD’s report.
And earlier this month, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police announced that airport police would be merged completely into CMPD, and that the department would likely add more officers to beef up airport security.

CMPD Deputy Chief Kerr Putney said the changes stem, in part, from the review following the Tisdale stowaway case.
“There was no way to deny that that incident was a catalyst for a lot of discussions and concerns,” said Putney, who will oversee the airport officers. “ This is the path forward.”

The Charolotte City Attorney, Robert E. Hagemann, released the following statement on Wednesday evening after the lawsuit was announced:
The City remains saddened by the death of Delvonte Tisdale and wishes to express sympathy to his family. However, I don’t see how the City or the Airport could or should be held legally liable for Mr. Tisdale’s decisions and actions.