Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Rules and Regs for TMN
EERCrazy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Post by EERCrazy »

One other question, where did our signatures go? :paranoid:
Make all the jokes you want about dirt roads, poor education and bad teeth, but WVU pulled the rug from under everybody and got what it wanted now and that was out of the Big Least immediately.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Post by Tito »

Kevin, would it be possible to shade the quote boxes with a darker shade like the old format? With just that thin line boxing the quote, the same size font and the same color background as the rest of the post it makes it a little difficult to quickly differentiate where the quote stops and the reply starts. Thanks.
___________________________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image
___________________________________________________________________________________

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Post by Kevin »

EERCrazy wrote:One other question, where did our signatures go? :paranoid:
Signatures are still there, they just aren't displaying. It looks like a setting is turned off by default when it should be turned on. I'll fix it.
Tito wrote:Kevin, would it be possible to shade the quote boxes with a darker shade like the old format? With just that thin line boxing the quote, the same size font and the same color background as the rest of the post it makes it a little difficult to quickly differentiate where the quote stops and the reply starts. Thanks.
We'll start work on colors when I'm comfortable 99% of the functionality is working. Actually, I might open the color scheme up to suggestions so if you have one share it.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Signatures are back. Some of them might need some editing. The software has a height limit of 200 pixels and a width limit of 800 pixels on siggys. I don't think that's unreasonable but if it causes problems let me know.

Thanks.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Tito »

Kevin wrote:Signatures are back. Some of them might need some editing. The software has a height limit of 200 pixels and a width limit of 800 pixels on siggys. I don't think that's unreasonable but if it causes problems let me know.

Thanks.
sig/text under our avatars? I'm only asking again because I get all of my life instruction direction in those that JimBeam posts.

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Tito wrote:
Kevin wrote:Signatures are back. Some of them might need some editing. The software has a height limit of 200 pixels and a width limit of 800 pixels on siggys. I don't think that's unreasonable but if it causes problems let me know.

Thanks.
sig/text under our avatars? I'm only asking again because I get all of my life instruction direction in those that JimBeam posts.

Me too Tito. Let me check it.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Tito »

You were asking for background color scheme suggestions...I thought the light beige was very eye friendly and every other color, including text, contrasted very well with it. I like the changes and the new sharp look but I thought that old background color was perfect. -Tito out.

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:

Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

User Status is enabled. Go to the User Control Panel, choose Profile from the Overview drop-down menu and it is at the bottom of that page.

I'm going to remove the high score and challenge fields because I think they just clutter up that area.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

GolfEER wrote:I hate this, it wont give me new posts since last visit, it gives me a new post list.
There's a link for unread posts as well as new posts, is that what you're looking for?
Aaron
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Aaron »

=))
WARNING the above post does not reflect my views or the views of TMN in any way.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

First, I want to thank everyone for their patience as we moved to the new software. I think overall things went very well and I appreciate people who reported issues and gave comments and suggestions. Tonight I'm going to work on the site for a few minutes doing database maintenance. It should be around 9:00 and it shouldn't involve any downtime although you might not be able to post for a few minutes.

Once the work tonight is done I will finish work on getting the mobile site running and we'll work on the color scheme.

Any comments on tweaking the current gray scheme versus going back to the yellow/beige/gold scheme we had?

Once that is done we'll move on to phase two. The Bully Pulpit got moved specifically due to phase two - I need the real estate for phase two and the BP going under the Porch made the most sense. The Exchange and Rules boards will also get moved, probably into the top Nav Bar. It will make sense when you see it. In short, I'm aiming to turn the site into a WVU sports information portal with an emphasis on WVU recruiting. As always, the site will remain completely free.

Thanks guys. Let me know what you think as far as color scheme and we'll take everyone's input into consideration.
EERCrazy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by EERCrazy »

Love the new color scheme, I hated the old one...
Make all the jokes you want about dirt roads, poor education and bad teeth, but WVU pulled the rug from under everybody and got what it wanted now and that was out of the Big Least immediately.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

The gray has grown on me. At first I had every intention of going back to a beige/yellow layout but now I'm not so sure. That's why I thought I'd open it up to input.

Regardless, I think there will be some tweaks to make things easier to read, like Tito alluded to earlier.
Nicole
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Nicole »

Possible the names and avatars can be on the left side of posts rather than the right?
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Nicole wrote:Possible the names and avatars can be on the left side of posts rather than the right?
They are on the left on my PC. Anyone else have them on the right? I moved them Saturday afternoon but might need to refresh the cache to get them to take.