Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Rules and Regs for TMN
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator
Status: We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

Re: Functionality and System Maintenance Announcements

Post by Kevin »

Ok guys, now I need your help. What suggestions do you have for new features and what features have I missed installing from the old site?

Help me compile a "needs to be done" list. Once it is done I'll start on new functionality.

Thanks!
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
PartyEER
Redshirt
Redshirt

Post by PartyEER »

how about having the most recent topic that has been replied to on the front page under the username that has replied to it if thats possible
Lee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Lee »

Can I get text, e-mail, PM, semaphore and smoke signal notification any time the Mountaineer Nation Cheerleader Thread gets updated? ;)
The Old Grad formerly known as wvu1980ae.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

PartyEER wrote:how about having the most recent topic that has been replied to on the front page under the username that has replied to it if thats possible

Ask and you shall receive. Clicking on the link will take you to your first unread post in the topic.
We will be cruel to Pitt.  And through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And Pitt won't be able to help themselves but imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands and our boot heels and the edge of our knives.  And Pitt will be sickened by us.  And Pitt will talk about us.  And Pitt will fear us.
PartyEER
Redshirt
Redshirt

Post by PartyEER »

Thanks
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Chat is installed but needs configured. Considering it is the offseason that's going to be low on the priority list. Just know it is on the list.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

TMN Mobile should be up sometime tomorrow morning. I've run out of energy to do any more work this evening. I'll keep checking the site so if anyone has any problems please post them here.
MikeOly
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by MikeOly »

Too long, didn't read.
Oliver Luck: Why? Why is that impossible? You're so concerned with squabbling for the scraps from the BCS' table that you've missed your God-given right to something better. There is a difference between us. You think the people of this state exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with victory. And I go to make sure that they have it.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Post by Tito »

Can we or will we be able to add our own short text on our avitar? Also, the Delete post button seems to be hiding on some posts, shows up on others.
___________________________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image
___________________________________________________________________________________

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Lee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Lee »

Is there a way to clear new post notifications without having to open every thread on a board? On the old site, if I had a new post notification for, say, "Professional Sports" and opened the board and saw that the new post(s) were in threads I'm not interested in, when I returned to the main board index page those new post notifications would be gone. Now it seems I have to open every thread in which there's a new post to make the board change from gold to blue.
Tito
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Location: The Senior from Warwood with 4 seconds on his stopped clock.

Post by Tito »

The pale yellow/gold text on the bright white is really washed out (same as last time). It's reader unfriendly. When the text morphs into purple when you scan over it on some of the yellow titles it is instant eye pleasure.

DISCLAIMER-WARNING:
Please be advised that the above post is for amusement only. Any emotional involvement is done so at your own risk. Thanks for your interest. Image

True, Father Time has long and cruelly sodomized me with the splintered haft of his great scythe, but I shall out-live the God-damned lot of you!
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

Tito wrote:The pale yellow/gold text on the bright white is really washed out (same as last time). It's reader unfriendly. When the text morphs into purple when you scan over it on some of the yellow titles it is instant eye pleasure.
The colors aren't final and I definitely think some tweaking needs done. I told Luke yesterday that our site looks like the stadium with all the battleship grey. :))

As for edit/delete - some posts might not allow edit/delete based on when they were created. The edit/delete rules aren't retroactive, so pre-upgrade posts will need to have edit/delete enabled by one of the admins/mods as well as some of the post-upgrade posts.
wvu1980ae wrote:Is there a way to clear new post notifications without having to open every thread on a board? On the old site, if I had a new post notification for, say, "Professional Sports" and opened the board and saw that the new post(s) were in threads I'm not interested in, when I returned to the main board index page those new post notifications would be gone. Now it seems I have to open every thread in which there's a new post to make the board change from gold to blue.
There should be a button in each board called "Mark all posts as read". It is at the top of the board page on the right hand side. We can probably set it so it marks them all as read when you visit the board but I thought this way would be nice should someone want to see what has been updated but didn't have the time to read all the updated threads.
Lee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Lee »

Thanks, Kevin - the "mark all posts as read" button will work for me. Didn't know it was there.
Kevin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kevin »

No problem Lee. I appreciate the input so far. Sometimes (very, very rarely :paranoid: ) an idea I have isn't a good one and if it isn't I have no problem going back to the old way.
MikeOly
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by MikeOly »

I keep getting a message when I come to the sight that I'm using an out of date browser so the site may not appear properly. That happened at both home and work, and I'm using two different versions of IE at each (I know the version at work is hella old, but at home I thought I was 100% updated).

So, um, I dunno if the stuff I'm seeing is a site issue, or a browser issue. But it's pretty sparse looking on my end. No banners. No intro or welcome stuff. Just a lot of grey.
Oliver Luck: Why? Why is that impossible? You're so concerned with squabbling for the scraps from the BCS' table that you've missed your God-given right to something better. There is a difference between us. You think the people of this state exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with victory. And I go to make sure that they have it.